Deborah Lippmann Retro Mani

Friday, May 22, 2015

There are some days where a simple mani will do, and others that require some funky, vintage nail art. When I first started matching up colors my head was telling me how hideous this was going to be. Yellow, and several shades of orange? Count me out! That's when something magical happened. As I put the finishing touches on this mani I started to feel extra groovy.


Deborah Lippmann Brick House Walking on Sunshine Don't Stop Believin' Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice

Deborah Lippmann Brick House Walking on Sunshine Don't Stop Believin' Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice

Deborah Lippmann Brick House Walking on Sunshine Don't Stop Believin' Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice

For this mani I started with the base colors. On my index and pinky I have two coats of Deborah Lippmann Brick House. The middle is two coats of Deborah Lippmann Walking on Sunshine, and the ring has two coats of Deborah Lippmann Don't Stop Believin'. From there I added a single coat of Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice over Walking on Sunshine. The final floral accent consists of Walking on Sunshine and Brick House. 

This is one of those super easy manis that anyone can do with any color scheme. 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. So cute! I like those simple florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked Without PolishMay 22, 2015 at 8:06 AM

    That yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this! So perfectly 70's. I can imagine these colors and the flowers all over some polyester pants.

    I'm not usually much of a yellow fan, but that yellow is perfectly egg yolk and I like it a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage vibe!! The flower accent nail is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! very retro chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I haven't worn Brick House in ages! What a great reminder. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was younger, my grandmother made me wear a pair of polyester pants in that exact shade of yellow... It wasn't a "dress up" day at school, and as an already shy 5th grader, these pants didn't help matters.


    I like this vintage mani WAY more than I liked those vintage pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rofl. I bet that was stressful at the time. I have some "darling" photos of me in jumpers that I would like to torch. If you read this, sorry mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly thought I was going to hate this mani when I planned it out. By the time it was on I loved it! Of course I chipped it the same day =/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty, I love the floral and the color combination you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PhD in Nail PolishMay 27, 2015 at 3:32 AM

    Such a snazzy color combo! That yellow with the glitter looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle ChouinardMay 27, 2015 at 4:04 PM

    Love the colors and the nail art in this mani. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete