Classy & Elegant- A Color Club Review

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Last week I invited my younger sister to go to the mall with me. It's usually not the best idea to invite a teenager to the mall, but sometimes I forget that. While she was spending an outrageous amount of time staring at a wall of rings in Forever 21, I ducked into Spencers to see if they had any new polish. Lucky for me, they had a few sets of Color Club polishes on clearance. I picked up two of last year's Autumn duos. From left to right, Port-Folio, Showtime, Editorial, and Personal Stylist.

Image

I was really indecisive on what I wanted to do, so I decided to stick with simple polka dots. I started with two coats of Color Club Show Time. The opacity of one coat of Show Time could have stood alone, but I was concerned that Matte About You might remove some of the pigment, so I added an extra layer. Once that was dry, I topped it with Essie's Matte About You and then added polka dots in Color Club Editorial. 

Image

Editorial looks as though it is a green/gold duo-chrome with a hint of blue, but it appears gold when applied. I was rather disappointed it wasn't a true duo-chrome but I am happy with the gold color. Unfortunately, the wear time on this mani was very short lived. I didn't even last two days before a significant amount of polish had chipped off my thumb. It's safe to say that the chipping was caused by Matte About You, and not by Color Club. 

Pros:

  • Great color selection
  • Long wear time (for Color Club)
  • Excellent application

Cons:

  • Matte About You shortens the life of any mani
  • Color Club Editorial is not a true duo-chrome

Short & Sweet: I LOVE my new Color Club hues despite them not appearing the same out of the bottle. I'm still unsure how I feel towards Essie Matte About You.

You Might Also Like

0 comments