Revlon Moon Candy in Satellite

Friday, November 07, 2014

You made it to Friday! I don't know about you guys, but this week has moved so slowly. Today I have a review of Revlon Moon Candy in Satellite. I've had really mixed feelings about all of the Moon Candy combos, and this one isn't any different.

Revlon Moon Candy Satellite

The flakie side of the duo is gorgeous. I found the formula to be a little thick but workable. My main issue was that some of the flakies were too large and ended up getting bent in the mixture. Essentially, that means that when you put them on your nails they stick up above the thickest of top coats. This eventually ends up leaving your mani looking ragged and unkempt.

Revlon Moon Candy Satellite

The formula of the creme itself was ok, though I found it to be exceptionally runny. You really have to wipe off almost all of the product to keep it from flooding your cuticles. As you can see in the photos, despite my best effort I still ended up with cuticle staining.

Revlon Moon Candy Satellite

I used two coats of the creme and one of the flakie to produce the final result. Unless you are a flakie fanatic like I am, I would suggest taking a hard pass on this duo. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like flakies myself but I actually have a polish similar to this. Its fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used unkempt. That's awesome. I love weird words.

    This flakie is super pretty. I think I'd like it over a more pastel color as well, maybe an aqua?

    ReplyDelete