KBShimmer Steal the One & Dragon Scales

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Hey guys! I'm back with a swatch and review of KBShimmer Steal the One and some dragon scale nail art for the nail art challenge I'm participating in this month. I'm ashamed to admit that this beautiful polish has been sitting in my untrieds for nearly a year, but I'm glad I'm finally able to share it with you all.

nail polish bottle
KBShimmer Steal the One

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

Formula: Nice consistency
Finish: Brilliant teal holo packed with copper flakies
Coverage: 2 coats
Notes: I very rarely have time to wear polish for more than a day, but I made a point of wearing this for a few days because of how much I love it. It's stunning in all different types of lighting.

nail polish swatch

We finally got some sun out in gloomy Oregon, so I took a gratuitous blurry holo shot in addition to a focused one. This shade is so dang pretty!

nail polish swatch

This shade was originally from The Color Box: Teal (June 2016), which is no longer available. 

dragon nail art

My decision to wear KBShimmer Steal the One wasn't just decided because we have sunshine. I thought this sparkly teal would make a great base for dragon scale nail art.

dragon nail art

dragon nail art

I've never been particularly good at freehand nail art, but I like to give it a try occasionally. I think with a bit more practice I will have these down.


KBShimmer Steal the One is not available for purchase on her website, but she has a ton of gorgeous shades to choose from. You can see all of the current shades by clicking the shop link below.



If you enjoyed this post you might like KBShimmer Take Me For Granite and KBShimmer Spruce Things Up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments