Essie- On a Silver Platter Review

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hey guys! I'm slowly becoming aware that I keep reviewing colors released last Autumn. I hope you all don't mind. I feel like it would be silly to keep them in hiding for any longer.

Image

Image

Essie's On a Silver Platter is from the Encrusted Treasures Collection released Autumn 2013. On a Silver Platter is a gold glitter base with holographic violet glitter mixed in. Shown above is two coats with no base color. The application was relatively smooth, but I felt like I had too many violet glitters on the brush at one time. They weren't very easy to push around. If I ended up with one on the end of my nail it was difficult to remove. That being said, I feel like the extra work was worth it.

If this looks kind of familiar, Sephora- Law of Attraction is a close dupe. I prefer Essie's version because the price tag isn't outrageous. Right now, On a Silver Platter is going for about half the price of Law of Attraction.

Polishes used: Essie- On a Silver Platter, Revlon- Quick Dry Top Coat

What are your best dupe finds?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This color looks amazing! Something I've been eying too. It looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I definitely recommend picking up a bottle. You can usually find a good deal on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I have Hors D'oeuvre (I had to Google that) from the same line that I really need to use. I have no problem with you posting colors from Fall as a ton of my untrieds I need to use are from Spring/Summer last year. Eek!

    ReplyDelete