Bonjour Wax Co. Return To Hogwarts Collection

Friday, October 05, 2018

Hi there! It's been a little while since I've done a big wax post. Back in late May Bonjour Wax Co. did a HUGE Harry Potter themed pre-order called Return to Hogwarts. There were a ton of scents available, and I'd say I picked up about three quarters of them. There were scents for all of the houses (I skipped Slytherin and Ravenclaw), and many other important things from the Harry Potter universe. I've finally made my way through all of the scents so that I can do a thorough review of what I purchased.

I'll admit that I'm a tad slow melting through large releases. Part of this is because I want to be in the "mood" for a specific scent, plus I want to only melt one scent at a time for accurate feedback on throw.

Harry Potter Hogwarts themed wax melts

Polyjuice Potion

raspberry strawberry floral wax melt

raspberry strawberry floral wax melt

Scent: Leeches, knotgrass, strawberries, raspberries, and soft floral notes
Cold sniff: Strong raspberry and strawberry notes with a hint of floral
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price:
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: While I really enjoyed this scent there's a chance that my husband might be allergic. I'm going to have to hold off on reordering until we figure it out.

Felix Felicis

vanilla orange heliotrope wax melt

vanilla orange heliotrope wax melt

Scent: Vanilla, lemon, bright verbena, orange zest, jasmine, creamy heliotrope, white amber & precious woods
Cold sniff: Kind of sweet with the vanilla and lemon notes with light musk
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. Could smell in over half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already did)
Notes: This scent is fairly light but I really enjoy it. I would love to have a lotion and perfume in the same scent.

Hufflepuff House

lemon curd strawberry jam wax melt

lemon curd strawberry jam wax melt

Scent: Zesty lemon curd & sweet strawberry jam
Cold sniff: Strong lemon curd mellowed with sweet strawberry
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. Could smell in over half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already did)
Notes: Hufflepuff is my house and I totally approve this wax melt! It's such a bright, cheerful scent.


Gryffindor House

firewood marshmallow butterscotch vanilla wax melt

firewood marshmallow butterscotch vanilla wax melt

Scent: Firewood, roasted marshmallow, butterscotch & smoky vanilla cream
Cold sniff: Smoky and sweet with light vanilla notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already did)
Notes: This is more smoky with marshmallow and vanilla notes when warmed. The butterscotch takes a back seat making this scent not overly sweet. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be.

Platform 9 3/4

strawberries smoked vanilla roasted marshmallow wax melt

strawberries smoked vanilla toasted marshmallow wax melt

Scent: Scarlet red strawberries, billowing smoked vanilla & engine roasted marshmallows
Cold sniff: Bright strawberry notes with smoky vanilla and marshmallow
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already did)
Notes: I absolutely love this scent. It's homey and so good for autumn/winter.


Ollivander's Wand Shop

bergamot cedar tobacco musk wax melt

bergamot cedar tobacco musk wax melt

Scent: Bergamot, cedar wood, tobacco leaves, black amber & musk 
Cold sniff: Strong cedar, tobacco, and black amber
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Possibly
Notes: This smells much better when melted. I was honestly a bit off-put when I smelled it fresh out of the box, but the scent really transforms with heat.


The Burrow

shortcrust pastry apples wax melt

shortcrust pastry apple wax melt

Scent: Shortcrust pastry, orchard apples, smoked ginger, lemon zest & clotted cream
Cold sniff: Buttery pastry, sweet apples, bright lemon and a touch of smoked ginger
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. Could smell in over half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: The scent is difficult to describe but it feels... homey?

Flight of the Thestral

oakmoss fern cedar amber wax melt

oakmoss fern cedar amber wax melt

Scent: Oak moss, fern, cedar, amber & night air
Cold sniff: Earthy and clean with a slight bit of sweetness. Not overwhelming but present. 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already did)
Notes: This is well out of my usual scent profile but I find it quite enjoyable. It's a nice, fresh scent that isn't overwhelming.

Fizzing Whizbees

rock candy peppermint vanilla wax melt

rock candy vanilla peppermint wax melt

Scent: Fruity rock candy, peppermint & vanilla
Cold sniff: Sweet rock candy, vanilla and a touch of peppermint
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I never thought rock candy and peppermint would work so well together but they really do! This is a fun and unusual scent profile.


ButterBeer

butterbeer wax melt

butterbeer wax melt


Scent: Butterscotch, vanilla cream & rum
Cold sniff: Sweet butterscotch with light vanilla, and a touch of rum
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This makes me want Butterbeer something awful. It's a spot on scent!


Dobby Is A Free Elf

bergamot cedar parchment wax melt

bergamot cedar parchment wax melt

Scent: Bergamot, cedar, parchment, suede & a clean cotton sock
Cold sniff: Heavy parchment with clean notes
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. Could smell in over half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: No
Notes: I'm not terribly into parchment scents so this one is just ok for me. It's a really... clean scent. I don't hate it, but I also don't see myself melting it regularly.


Expecto Patronum

spearmint eucalyptus citrus wax melt

spearmint eucalyptus citrus wax melt

Scent: Spearmint, eucalyptus, effervescent citrus
Cold sniff: Spearmint, fizzy citrus, and a touch of eucalyptus
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: Expecto Patronum is a great sinus clearing blend. I might not melt it regularly but I prefer it to other proclaimed "sinus clearing" blends.


Chocolate Frog

chocolate scented wax melt

Scent: No official scent
Cold sniff: Rich, sweet chocolate
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: About 1/3 of the frog
Would I repurchase: Unlikely
Notes: I'm not wild about chocolate scents but this one is spot on!

Bonjour's themed releases are my absolute favorite. While I did not purchase a house themed wax box, everything was so perfectly branded I felt like I was going back to Hogwarts for fall semester. I look forward to every fandom related release because I know she's going to nail my favorites!

The Bonjour Wax Co. Return To Hogwarts collection is not currently available but maybe it will make an occasional appearance? She offered another pre-order about a month after this and I picked up a handful of my favorite scents. To stay up to date on Bonjour Wax Co. releases be sure to check her out at the links below.

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

If you enjoyed this post you might like Bonjour Wax Co. Galentine's Day Sampler and Bonjour Wax Co. Christmas at Hogwarts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments