Wax Wednesday feat. Glitterati, Savannah Blue Wax, Villianous Wax, Sweet Sage Scents and Super Tarts Wax

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Well hi there! It's been a long time since I've done a Wax Wednesday post. I've been saving these up over the last few months since my nose was out of commission for about three weeks. This is my quick moment to remind all of you healthy folks to get your flu shot! Today's post is an assortment of scents I melted right around Christmas and through the month of January. I had an opportunity to try a bunch of new to me brands thanks to some friends, and revisited some old favorites.

Glitterati Cranberry Marmalade Christmas Tree

Cranberry Marmalade Christmas Tree wax melt

Scent: Cranberry marmalade Christmas tree
Cold sniff: Tart cranberry with sweetness from the marmalade, spices and pine
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This blend was absolutely delightful. The cranberry marmalade balanced out the freshness of the Christmas tree scent perfectly.


Savannah Blue Wax - Mr. Claus' Closet

fruit loops pine wax melt

Scent: Cotton sheets, fruit loops, and a touch of pine
Cold sniff: Cotton sheets & fruit loops
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I really don't notice the pine in this scent. This is a nice balance between something fresh and fruit loops. The cotton sheets really mellow out the fruit loops overall.

Savannah Blue Wax - Vanilla Snowflake

bath & body works vanilla snowflake wax melt dupe

Scent: Bath & Body Works dupe, creamy vanilla and winter mint with a light touch of coconut
Cold sniff: Sweet vanilla and peppermint
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I've never smelled the Bath & Body Works version of this scent, so I can't say if it's a spot on dupe. I will say that this is one of the more unique vanilla and mint blends I've smelled. I like a lot of mint blends so my "maybe" on the repurchase is that way just because I am working through my current stash.

Savannah Blue Wax - Dark Chocolate Pistachio Sea Salted Caramel Sugar Cookies

Dark Chocolate Pistachio Sea Salted Caramel Sugar Cookies wax melt

Scent: Dark chocolate, pistachio, sea salted caramel, sugar cookies
Cold sniff: Dark chocolate, sea salt, with a hint of caramel and pistachio
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown (was part of a sampler)
Would I repurchase: No
Notes: This was an interesting blend, and I enjoyed it while I melted it, but I couldn't see myself repurchasing it. I like that the dark chocolate in this blend was just that. It gave the blend a nice dark, bitter note.

Savannah Blue - Right as Rain

blackberry lavender pink sugar wax melt

Scent: Blackberry lavender pink sugar
Cold sniff: Blackberry with pink sugar and a touch of lavender
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Brambles - 20 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Full sample
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is kind of an unusual blend but I think it works quite well. I believe the lavender is more of a sweet lavender because I'm not getting any herbal notes from this one.

Villianous Wax - Hola!

tres leches mexican fried ice cream dulce de leche wax melt

tres leches mexican fried ice cream dulce de leche wax melt

Scent: Tres leches, Mexican fried ice cream, and dulce de leche drizzle
Cold sniff: Creamy with spices, and caramel
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This smells like dessert! It made me incredibly sad that I didn't have a sweet caramel treat to go with it.

SuperTarts - Toodles

iced lemonade sweet lollipops gain wax melt

Scent: Iced lemonade, sweet lollipops and gain
Cold sniff: Sweet lemon and laundry
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: ScentSationals Mosaic Glass Warmer - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown. This was a sample cube
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I'm not entirely sure how I would feel about this scent long term but it was a nice refreshing lemon and laundry blend without being too "clean" if you know what I mean.

Sweet Sage Scents - Half Baked

zucchini bread, lemon pound cake, coconut cream pie wax melt

Scent: Zucchini bread, lemon pound cake, coconut cream pie
Cold sniff: Sweet lemon pound cake, with coconut and zucchini bread notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: Full shape
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I think it's worth noting that my husband took the time to comment on this scent and it wasn't even to complain about it. Normally he only speaks up when he doesn't care for something, but in this case he wanted to let me know that he really liked this scent. This will be on my "to order list" in the future.

Sweet Sage Scents - Poppy Cakes

vanilla bean noel buttercream cupcake toasted marshmallow wax melt


Scent: Vanilla bean noel, buttercream cupcake and toasted marshmallow
Cold sniff: Super sweet vanilla blend
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: ScentSationals Mosaic Glass Warmer - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: Full shape
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This was super sweet. I didn't dislike it, but I felt like it might have needed something non-vanilla to go with it.


If you enjoyed this post you might like Wax Wednesday feat. Destination Wax, FlowerFinery, Savannah Blue Wax & Bonjour Wax Co. and Wax Wednesday feat. Savannah Blue, Bonjour Wax Co., Villainous Wax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments