Not My Gumdrop Buttons!

Friday, December 13, 2013

I can't think about gingerbread men without simultaneously thinking about Shrek & how much my dad loves gingerbread. Since my dad wouldn't appreciate me putting his picture up on the blog, please enjoy this clip from Shrek:







Image

This stamp is from plate 222 from the 2nd Bundle Monster set. My first few attempts at stamping this came out crooked and really irritated me. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong until I looked at the plate... the gingerbread man was supposed to be crooked!

Image

I don't know if you can tell, but the little gold things around the gingerbread man are holly. They didn't pick up on my stamp very well. I'm not sure if it was because of my stamp, or the polish itself.

Overall, I really liked this stamp and color combo. Now that I know the gingerbread men are supposed to be crooked I think it will turn out much better.

Polishes used

Image

Zoya- "Hunter", Sally Hansen Insta-Dri- "Go For Gold", Orly- "Bonder" (not pictured), Pretty & Polished- "Swift Sparkle" (not pictured)

As for the colors, I don't think I could have picked a better combo. Zoya- "Hunter" is a lacquerista's dream! Would you believe that it has one coat coverage? As for Sally Hansen, their Insta-Dri polishes are excellent for stamping. I think that "Go For Gold" really added that extra sparkle needed to bring my manicure together.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this! And now I'll be saying "not my gumdrop buttons!" in his little voice all day.

    ReplyDelete