FlowerFinery Early October Haul & Review

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I'm so excited to be sharing my very first wax haul with you guys! It took a bit longer than I expected to melt through everything I purchased, but I'm finally able to give you guys feedback on FlowerFinery Aromatherapy.

wax melt shots

I just adore how cute these wax shots are. Ashleigh (the owner of FlowerFinery) puts a lot of love into each shot. These are by far the cutest wax shots I've seen.

wax samples

My first order came with a bunch of cute wax samples in assorted shapes. I love that FlowerFinery includes samples because it's difficult for me to step out of my usual bakery/fruity comfort bubble. One of these samples ended up being one of my favorite FlowerFinery scents to date!

Boo Felicia!

wine wax melt

Scent: A bubbling brew of candied apricot, peach, blackberry, mandarin, and musk
Cold sniff: Nice cold sniff. Scent was strong before melting.
Throw: Good, 4 out of 5. I could smell this everywhere but the kitchen.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .25oz of a .5oz sample
Price: $2 to $2.15 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: I'm not usually big on musk, so anything with it could be hit or miss for me. The musk in Boo Felicia is subtle enough that I don't notice it at all.

Absinthe Minded

absinthe scented wax melt

Scent: Star anise, fennel, and green herbal notes complimented by cinnamon & sugar, nutmeg, amber & woods
Cold sniff: Nice cold sniff. Not terribly strong but pleasant.
Throw: Good, 4 out of 5. I could smell this everywhere but the kitchen.
Warmer used: 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: Slow to throw (but the dish I used is small). Once it warmed up enough it could be smelled throughout the house. I have a feeling this could be a 5 out of 5 when used in a wide dish warmer. A miracle happened because my husband actually commented on the scent and said he liked it. I'm sad I only have a sample of this, but I plan to pick a shot (or maybe even a loaf!) at the next restock.

Welcome to Camp Nightmare

bonfire wax melt

Scent: Dusky breezes, bonfires, charred woods, dried leaves & a hint of mallow
Cold sniff: The scent description is accurate. The hint of marshmallow really mellows it out.
Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5. This could be smelled throughout the house within the first ten minutes.
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: Whole shape - estimated at .25-.33oz
Price: This isn't currently listed, but shots generally range from $2 to $2.50.
Notes: This isn't a scent I would normally purchase, but I found it quite enjoyable. I think this will definitely make me branch out into new scents.

Mask Off

lime ocean lilies wax melt

Scent: Lime, wild mint, ocean lilies, musk, palm trees & sea moss
Cold sniff: This scent smells clean, and almost like a pleasant laundry smell
Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5. Can be smelled throughout the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate  
Amount used: One mask or about .20oz
Price: unknown
Notes: I really wanted to love this scent but for some reason it makes me sneeze. It smells wonderful, but I'm not able to be in the same room as the warmer. I melted this after making curry, and it refreshed my house. If you've ever made curry you know that's some kind of miracle.

A Waffle Lot of Pumpkin Pecan

pumpkin pecan wax melt

pumpkin pecan wax melt

Scent: Buttery pecans, Belgian waffles, maple syrup & a hint of pumpkin
Cold sniff: Strong and sweet. Maple and buttery pecans seem to be the top notes
Throw: Ok, 3 out of 5. I used just under a quarter ounce in my warmer and could smell this in the kitchen, living room and part of the hallway.
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: Initially I thought this scent was going to be too sweet for my preference, but it really grew on me.

Trick or Treat Yo'self

elderberries pumpkin spice wax melt

elderberries pumpkin spice wax melt

Scent: Elderberries, currant, orange, apple, persimmon & pumpkin spice
Cold sniff: This strangely reminds me of Bubble Tape bubble gum. I like how it smells but it was unexpected.
Throw: Excellent, 5 out of 5. This could be smelled throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate 
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: I am wildly obsessed with Trick or Treat Yo'self. This is such a delightful, and unexpected favorite of mine. I feel like I need a whole loaf of this.

Melted Mallow

warm marshmallow with smoke wax melt

warm marshmallow with smoke wax melt

Scent: Gooey marshmallow & a hint of smokiness
Cold sniff: Rich marshmallow until I pulled it out of the shot. I didn't care for the smokiness on cold sniff.
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. I could smell this in a little over half of my house. I think it was too light to carry beyond that.
Warmer used:  Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2.10 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: I am quite happy to report that the smokey scent is amazing when melted. It smells just like toasty marshmallows straight from the campfire.


Hocus Pocus, Coffee to Focus

pumpkin spice latte wax melt

pumpkin spice latte wax melt

Scent: Pumpkin spice latte, espresso, pumpkin pie spice & whipped cream
Cold sniff: Heavy on the espresso with hints of pumpkin spice
Throw: Good, 4 out of 5. I could smell this everywhere but the kitchen.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2.15 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: I didn't really notice a whipped cream note to this scent, but I found it pleasant regardless.


Jack the Pumpkin King

pumpkin creme brulee wax melt

pumpkin creme brulee wax melt

Scent: Pumpkin creme brulee, pumpkin puree, spice, maple, rum & caramelized sugar
Cold sniff: Heavy on the pumpkin spice and rum
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. I could smell this in a little over half of my house. It was super strong in the room I was melting in.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2.10 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: I really enjoyed this scent for about the first hour and then it became a bit too spicy for me. I ended up turning this on for a few hours at a time so that I could enjoy the scent without it becoming overwhelming. I think part of it had to do with how close I was to the warmer. The next time I melt this scent I'm going to place it in a larger room and see if I enjoy it more that way.


Rocky Horror

cherry lime wax melt

cherry lime wax melt

Scent: Fizzy, orange, lime & cherry berry
Cold sniff: Surprisingly effervescent and fruity.
Throw: Good, 4 out of 5. I could smell this everywhere but the back bedroom
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb 
Amount used: .25oz 
Price: $2.10 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: This is one of my favorites from Flower Finery so far. It's bright and gives the whole house a nice, fruity smell.


Halloween Makes Me Corny

rich buttercream wax melt

rich buttercream wax melt

Scent: Super rich, creamy vanilla
Cold sniff: Smells wonderfully rich like buttercream
Throw: 3 out of 5.
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: .25oz
Price: $2 for 1.5-1.9oz
Notes: This wasn't nearly as strong as I had hoped. It lightly scented my living room and hallway, but could not be smelled in the rest of the house. I enjoyed the scent, but I think the next time I melt it I will do so in a bedroom.

I really enjoyed everything I purchased from FlowerFinery. I'm three orders deep now, and I see no signs of stopping! If you'd like to pick up some of these scents be sure to check out the links below.



You Might Also Like

0 comments