Wax Wednesday feat. Savannah Blue, Bonjour Wax Co, Villainous Wax

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Hi all! It's time for another Wax Wednesday. After several months of booked Wednesdays I finally have time to share what I've been melting. Today's post features scents from Savannah Blue Wax, Bonjour Wax Co., and Villianous Wax.

Savannah Blue Wax - Cafe Mocha with Whip

coffee wax melt with whipped cream

Scent: Can't find official scent
Cold sniff: Light, creamy coffee possibly with a touch of chocolate (mocha)
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about 1 cube)
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This was quite light in scent, but that wouldn't deter me from repurchasing. Most coffee based scents I've encountered are overpowered and unbalanced. This scent is perfectly balanced between fresh brewed coffee and whipped cream. It doesn't get more perfect than this.

Bonjour Wax Co - Face Hugger

churro and caramel wax melt

churro and caramel wax melt

Scent: Churros, caramel & fried ice cream
Cold sniff: Sweet vanilla with cinnamon and caramel notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I normally steer clear of churros or things heavy on cinnamon because of a bad experience with another brand, but I'm slowly learning that was just a bad blend and cinnamon can be quite good when handled properly. This is a wonderful blend of scents for autumn.

Bonjour Wax Co - Breakfast with the Pumpkin King

pumpkin pancake wax melt

Scent: Pumpkin pancakes & maple syrup
Cold sniff: Pumpkin, pumpkin spice, butter, and sweet syrup
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1/2 pumpkin
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This smells ultra sweet before melting, but the sweetness mellows out a bit when melted. I love using this one as a morning melt when I'm drinking coffee. I'm not a huge breakfast person, so it fills the place of pancakes nicely.

Bonjour Wax Co - Cider Festival

cider lane wax melt dupe

Scent: Apple cider, spun sugar & vanilla bean (Cider Lane type)
Cold sniff: Sweet, crisp apples with a soft vanilla sugar
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 skull
Price: unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes (I already have)
Notes: I absolutely love Cider Lane and this is a perfect dupe. Cider Lane is pretty much my PSL for autumn.


Bonjour Wax Co - Salt & Burn

toasted marshmallow strudel wax melt

toasted marshmallow strudel wax melt

Scent: Salted caramel, toasted marshmallow & strudel
Cold sniff: Sweet, salty caramel and marshmallow notes
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This is the old wax formula Bonjour used prior to switching to parasoy.

Bonjour Wax Co. - Fruitenstein

grapefruit mangosteen orange wax melt

Scent: Grapefruit, mangosteen & orange
Cold sniff: Mangosteen with a touch of citrus
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 bundt
Price: unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: While this isn't really a fall scent I wanted/ needed something brighter. I really liked this blend of fruits and could see myself melting it year round.


Bonjour Wax Co. - Apple Orchard

fresh apple and spice wax melt

fresh apple and spice wax melt

Scent: Freshly picked apples & spice
Cold sniff: Apples and cinnamon
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: $2.25
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This is such a good, classic fall scent. This would be one of the melts I would put on if I had people over.


Villainous Wax - Ms. Lestrange

avobath basil mint wax melt

Scent: Avobath type, lime, shredded basil and mint, and sparkling fizz
Cold sniff: Avobath with brighter citrus notes
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Skull - 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This was one of the strongest scents I've ever smelled in my tiny nightlight warmer. I can't imagine what this is like in a regular warmer.

Villainous Wax - Rowling

black tea citrus apple wax melt

Scent: Black tea, citrus, apples, peaches, sugar
Cold sniff: Sweet apples, peaches and sugar with a mellowing black tea scent
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Skull - 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This scent is both clean and fruity. The tea gives it a clean/refreshing touch while the fruit brightens up the tea. It's a really nice blend overall.

Some of these blends may be available through each respective shop. Please see the links below for more information about available blends and future restocks.

Savannah Blue Wax

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

Bonjour Wax Co.

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

Villainous Wax


If you enjoyed this post you might like Wax Wednesday feat. Savannah Blue Wax and Bonjour Wax Co. Return to Hogwarts Collection.

You Might Also Like

0 comments