Wax Wednesday feat. Destination Wax, FlowerFinery, Savannah Blue Wax & Bonjour Wax Co

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hi and welcome back! It's been a hot minute since I've done a wax Wednesday! Things have been so dang busy that I've needed Wednesdays for polish releases but I *think* I Wednesday can be dedicated to wax again.

Destination Wax - Red Currant

red current raspberry wax melt

Scent: Red currants and red raspberries
Cold sniff: Tart red currants, and tart/sweet raspberries
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This is surprisingly light and bright. I really enjoyed how refreshing this scent is!


FlowerFinery - Let's Get Basted

cider lane wax melt

cider lane wax melt

Scent: Cider Lane. Mulled apple cider, gooey caramel, and sweet cinnamon
Cold sniff: Sweet apples and caramel with seasonal spices
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: Cider Lane is my white girl substitute for PSL. I hate PSL but I am obsessed with Cider Lane. This is a great rendition of the popular scent.


FlowerFinery - The Great Green Pumpkin

leafy green tart apple wax melt

leafy green tart apple wax melt

Scent: Leafy greens, pumpkin puree, green apples, pomegranate, lemongrass & dried fig
Cold sniff: Tart green apple, lemongrass, with other green notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is a really fresh, bright scent. I'm not totally sure how I feel about the leafy greens portion of this scent but I do enjoy it occasionally.


Savannah Blue Wax - Lemon Coconut Cream Cannoli

Lemon Coconut Cream Cannoli wax melt

Scent: Coconut cream, lemon curd and cannoli
Cold sniff: Lemon, coconut, and sweet cream
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample
Price: This was a sample
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is such a sweet, and delicious combo. I really wish it came with dessert!


Savannah Blue Wax - Good Morning Love

mac apple avobath wax melt

Scent: Mac apple, avobath
Cold sniff: Mac apple, avobath
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 tile
Price: $2.00
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I really enjoyed this scent combo and will be melting this one frequently. I've already repurchased this scent.


Savannah Blue Wax - Trouaville

blueberry pink sugar wax melt

Scent: Blueberries, pink sugar, and 7-up pound cake
Cold sniff: Sweet blueberries, cake, citrus notes and a touch of pink sugar
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 square
Price: $3.65
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I never would have thought to pair blueberries and pink sugar but they're a great match!


Savannah Blue Wax - Cherry Vanilla Italian Cream Soda

Cherry Vanilla Italian Cream Soda wax melt

Scent: No official scent description
Cold sniff: Sweet cherry mellowed with vanilla and a fizzy twist
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 square
Price: $3.65
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I'm kind of on the fence whether or not I like cherry wax melts or not. I think the vanilla is what made me enjoy this scent as much as I did.


Savannah Blue Wax - Search for the Unicorns

strawberry shortcake cotton candy wax melt

Scent: Strawberry shortcake, cotton candy, and waffle cones
Cold sniff: Sweet strawberry shortcake with waffles, and a touch of cotton candy
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 tile
Price: $2.00
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This one kept selling out before I could get to it and I can totally understand why. This is a wonderful blend!


Savannah Blue Wax - Jam Session

blackberry raspberry cookies

Scent: Strawberry jam, blackberry jam butter cookies and twinkies
Cold sniff: Strawberries and blackberries with a vanilla cake like twist
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: Whole sample
Price: Unknown. This was a sample
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This was one of the first Savannah Blue scents I purchased and I've repurchased it since. It's absolutely perfect!


Savannah Blue Wax - Lime Soda

fizzy lime soda wax melt

Scent: Fizzy lime
Cold sniff: Effervescent lime 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Brambles - 20 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: 1/2 sample
Price: Unknown. This was a sample
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I don't know if I would repurchase this to melt it alone, but I think it would be a fun one to blend with.


Savannah Blue Wax - Wish It

fruit loops mac apple mexican fried ice cream wax melt

Scent: Fruit loops, mac apple and Mexican fried ice cream
Cold sniff: Fruit loops and mac apple are the dominant scents with a touch of ice cream
Throw:3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 tile
Price: $2.00
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I love fruit loops and mac apple so it's no surprise that I love this blend!


Savannah Blue Wax - Blackberry Ice Cream Sugar Cookie

Blackberry Ice Cream Sugar Cookie wax melt

Scent: No official description 
Cold sniff: Blackberries, cream, and sugar
Throw:3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 tile
Price: $2.00
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I like this scent but I also have a lot of blackberry scents in my collection. I don't know if this is my top five blackberry scents but I did enjoy it.

Bonjour Wax Co. - Family Comes First

hoodie sweater weather vanilla bean noel wax melt

hoodie sweater weather vanilla bean noel wax melt

Scent: Hoodie weather (juniper berry, fresh eucalyptus, spearmint, sage, woods), & vanilla bean noel
Cold sniff: Juniper berry, spearmint, vbn
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: $2.25
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This blend is so, so good. I would buy a whole loaf of this and melt it year round if I didn't already have a ridiculous wax stash.


Bonjour Wax Co. - Netflix & Chill

microwaved popcorn vanilla bean ice cream wax melt

microwaved popcorn vanilla bean ice cream wax melt

Scent: Microwaved popcorn & a pint of vanilla bean ice cream
Cold sniff: Sweet vanilla ice cream and salty popcorn
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Price: $2.25
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I really wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this but it's seriously not strange. I don't know if I would necessarily repurchase it, but I am really enjoying it for the time being.

Some of the scents featured in this post are currently available through each respective retailer.


If you enjoyed this post you might like FlowerFinery Early October Haul & Review and Wax Wednesday feat. Savannah Blue Wax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments