Kaayli Nail Finish Review

Monday, November 18, 2013

I have yet another brand new indie maker to share with you today. Rebekah of Kaayli Nail Finish sent me three lovely metallics to share with you.

Icy Blue

Image

Image

Icy Blue is a super light blue metallic. It's so light that it could almost pass for a silver/grey. The formula was really smooth and easy to work with. While both photos show two coats of Icy Blue, I would suggest using three coats for full coverage.

Polishes used: Kaayli Nail Finish- Icy Blue

Sea Green

Image

Image

Sea Green was by far my favorite color of the three. It's a light-medium blue with a gold duochrome effect. The formula on this was a little odd because of the large amount of pigment used. When I opened it up there was a ton of lumpy pigment in the upper portion of the cap. After resealing it and giving it a couple good shakes everything mixed in nicely. I would recommend shaking the bottle in between coats to keep everything thoroughly mixed, but it is definitely worth the extra effort.

Polishes used: Kaayli Nail Finish- Sea Green

Christmas Green

Image

Image

Christmas Green reminds me of wandering aimlessly through Christmas tree farms searching for the right Douglas Fir. It's rich and velvety color is perfect for this time of year. This color is completely opaque in two coats, and was a dream to apply.

Polishes used: Kaayli Nail Finish- Christmas Green

Conclusion

I honestly haven't touched metallics in years because I never found anything special about them. Kaayli Nail Finish showed me how far metallics have come over the years with an assortment of unique colors. Sea Green was my favorite color in the collection because of it's duochrome appearance. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this collection, and highly recommend checking them out.




Kaayli Nail Finish is currently hosting a giveaway. The announcement on her Etsy shop reads:

ENTER NOW TO WIN! To celebrate our Etsy launch, Kaayli Nail Finish is running a contest starting November 6, 2013 and ending on December 31, 2013. Three lucky winners will receive a $10 Kaayli Nail Finish gift certificate; no minimum purchase required! To enter, simply email your name to kaaylinails [!at] gmail.com and use "I Want To Win!" as your subject line. The drawing will take place on January 2, 2014 and winners will be notified the same day.
| Etsy |

You Might Also Like

2 comments