Mod Lacquer Review

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I have a real treat for you all! Jennifer of Mod Lacquer sent me six gorgeous shades to review. This was my first time working with Mod Lacquer and I am overwhelmed by these gems!

Magestic

Image

Image

Majestic is a rich plum that almost shifts between purple and red depending on what lighting you are in. I honestly can't think of any color mainstream (or otherwise) that even compares to this deep plum hue.

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Majestic"

Mothman

Image

Image

Mothman is a black jelly with holographic micro glitter, holographic grey hexagon, and red hexagon glitter. I decided to do something a little different with this one, and chose to shoot it in a low light setting. While wearing this around the house I couldn't help but notice that my fingers looked as though they had been encrusted with beautiful, color changing jewels. I did my best to capture exactly what I found so mesmerizing about this color.

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Mothman", Rimmel London-Lasting Finish Pro top coat

Earthbound

Image

Image

Earthbound is a medium green to olive duochrome. It's a little different than other duochromes out on the market because it is made up of slightly larger pigment. I really like the subtle shift and the larger pigment.

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Earthbound"

Jersey Devil

Image

Image

Jersey Devil is a gorgeous black jelly with orange micro glitter, and pink and orange holographic hexagons. In all honesty, I wasn't sure how I felt about this color at first. I was never really an orange fan, and certainly not a fan of orange and pink being together. It really took me wearing Jersey Devil to fall in love with it. This is my new go-to color for Autumn. It really encompasses everything I associate with this time of year. The glitter reminds me of all the leaves changing colors, and the black jelly makes me think of the shorter days. If you don't already own Jersey Devil, you should definitely consider picking it up!

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Jersey Devil", Rimmel London-Lasting Finish Pro top coat

Sideshow

Image

Image

Sideshow is a blue crelly loaded with various sizes of yellow, and pink hexagon glitter. The formula went on very smoothly, and I didn't feel the need to hand place any glitter. As you can see, the glitter is a little lumpy without a topcoat. I recommend using a thicker topcoat to smooth it out.

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Sideshow"

Cherry Fizz

Image

Image

Cherry Fizz is a delicious bright red holo. I've been searching for the perfect red holo for a long time, and I think I have finally found it. I really don't have adequate words to describe how much I love Cherry Fizz.

Polishes used: 2 coats of Mod Lacquer- "Cherry Fizz"

Conclusion

I enjoyed all the colors Jennifer sent over for review. My favorites were Mothman, Earthbound, and Cherry Fizz. All formulas were a breeze to work with. Mod Lacquer currently has a few LE colors in her shop that are worth checking out. I strongly suggest picking up a few of them to add to your collection.

You Might Also Like

1 comments