Handmade in Oregon - Leeloo's Soap

Friday, October 02, 2015

The other weekend my dear friend Kendahl was in town, so we decided to browse the Portland Saturday Market. There were about a million shops, and so much going on that it was hard to decide what might follow me home. We stumbled upon this adorable tent and had to check it out.

Enter- Leeloo's Soap, aka my new love (sorry Brian).


The soap scrubs came in single use cubes and smelled delightful. It may sound boring, but the vanilla was out of this world.


The Soapicorn: The closest you will ever get to becoming a real unicorn. I deeply regret not buying one of these.


So many delicious scents that I could probably stay there forever.


I wanted to learn more about Janah's passion for bath and body products, so I emailed her a few questions.

What was your "ah-ha" moment that led you to make soap and other bath products? 
 - I have been an arts and crafts nerd my entire life, always creating. Then I went to school for cosmetology and started becoming more interested in beauty products and natural body products as a result of that. I started making products myself and quickly realized that I was in love with the way I could combine natural skin care with creative craftiness to make fun colorful bath and body products that are truly good for you. I was immediately obsessed. 
I noticed on your Instagram account that you use fresh ingredients to scent some of your products. What made you decide to do that over using pre-made oils?
- I like to add fresh natural ingredients whenever I can because of their amazing benefits like antioxidants and vitamins. I will still use pre made oils to scent products but I love to combine skin loving fresh ingredients with delicious smelling essential and fragrance oils for the best of both worlds. 
Are there any other local small businesses that you are hooked on? 
- I am totally obsessed with Saturday Market Vendors in general. I am always in awe of the crazy amounts of talent that are packed into that place every weekend and I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to join them. They are absolutely some of the most creative and supportive people I have ever known.
 Do you have any other things that you would like to say about your business?
- I love what I do and I'm grateful every single day for the people that support me and my products!! I'd love to say a huge thank you to all of my customers for making this possible for me.

My Haul


I decided to take advantage of the 5 for $20 bath bomb deal because I love deals, and I LOVE bath bombs. Janah was a sweetheart and gave me the adorable Cherry Bot soap for review. 

I've been using the Cherry Bot soap daily for two weeks now, and I'm about half way through the bar. It still smells great, and it's keeping my bathroom extra fresh.


Caught 'N Candy is a sweet cotton candy scented bath bomb. It has a great amount of fizz, and isn't overpowering. I found this bath bomb to be incredibly moisturizing.


Coconut Cream has a sweet, toasty coconut scent. The scent is subtle and relaxing after a stressful day. I found this to be equally as moisturizing as Caught 'N Candy.

Conclusion

Leeloo's Soap has a wonderful variety of handmade bath a body products for just about every taste. My wishlist continues to grow daily. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!



You Might Also Like

0 comments