Holy Snails Shark Sauce Review or How I Put Strange Ingredients On My Face for Skincare

Thursday, January 07, 2016

I'm all about disclosure, but I wouldn't normally disclose a product that was gifted to me unless it was gifted from a company or interested party. In this case, Shark Sauce and Snowbang were gifted from Chel of Holy Snails. They were meant to be a gift, and not a product for review. With that said, I love both products, and wanted to shout it out to the world.

Holy Snails Shark Sauce and Snowbang

What are these products? The simple answer is that they are artisan made Asian beauty products. If you want a run down of a full Asian beauty routine google the term, or check out this /r/AsianBeauty 101 Post. For now I'm just going to focus on each product, and why I like them.

Shark Sauce

I'm going to start off by clarifying that this contains zero shark. Shark Sauce is a hydrating serum that blows other products out of the water. With 5% Niacinamide, and 3% N-Acetyl Glucosamine hyperpigmentation doesn't stand a chance. 

I've been using Shark Sauce twice a day for the last four months. Over the four months my acne has been tamed for the most part, and some freckles have faded. I was all geared up to take my after photo, but I'm currently trying to get over a stress induced breakout. There are a ton of other before and after photos on the internet, so be sure to check those out. I'm not a believer in miracle products, but Shark Sauce is my holy grail serum right now. 

Snowbang

The name is a play on hanbang or rather herbal Chinese medicine and skincare. It's more like the "granola" side of skincare. What I love about hanbang is that it uses tried and true herbal ingredients that have been used for ages. Snowbang is a featherlight essence packed with ceramides and hydrolyzed oats for a smooth finish. 

Snowbang didn't do anything visually drastic to my face like Shark Sauce, but it did pick up the slack when I need more moisture. I find that it's especially helpful on the days when I use my BHA. 

Conclusion

I'm much happier with the results I've seen from Chel's products than some comparable Asian beauty products on the market. The products available aren't bad by any means, but I feel like Chel took products what worked and made them exponentially better.

7/3/2018 update: Shark Sauce, Snowbang and the whole product line is quite readily available now. It's been several years since this post, and Chel has really scaled up production. It's nice to know that you don't have to hoard the good stuff anymore.

If you decide to make a purchase I would really appreciate if you would consider using my referral code. This give you 10% off your order and gives me credit toward my next purchase.



How involved is your skincare routine? Do you splash your face with water and call it good, or are you someone with a multi-step program?

You Might Also Like

0 comments