Empire Alchemy Wax Miscellaneous Melts

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

It's been a hot second since I've done a full wax post, so I thought it was time I shared my most recent Empire Alchemy Wax melts. Some of these were melted quite recently (yesterday) while others were from a few months back (hence the use of a snowman warmer).

If you're new to Empire Alchemy Wax, she has a ton of unique blends and fun shaped melts. Some of my favorite blends have been more on the fresh/fruity side. She does well with all scents but I think she has some especially great fresh/laundry/spa based scents. 

Lavender Toffee Shortbread

lavender toffee shortbread wax melt

Scent: Lavender toffee shortbread
Cold sniff: Bright lavender with sweet notes of toffee and shortbread
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Whole sample
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I'm not wild about lavender but I do enjoy it from time to time. This was the perfect blend of sweet and floral.


Black Sea Vanilla Apple

Black Sea Vanilla Apple wax melt

Scent: Black sea vanilla apple
Cold sniff: Black sea spa scent with a hint of apple and vanilla
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: The whole tree
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Probably not
Notes: This is a nice, clean scent, but it's not something I could see myself melting more than once or twice. If you enjoy spa scents this is definitely worth checking out.


Night Spectre

candy corn ginger ale fizzy pop wax melt

candy corn ginger ale fizzy pop wax melt

Scent: Candy corn, ginger ale, fizzy pop
Cold sniff: Ginger ale and fizzy pop with a slight creamy scent
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I actually didn't care for this the first time I melted it, but the scent really grew on me. I am down to my last cube as of today.


Pineapple Frost Kitties

pineapple lemonade wax melt

Scent: Iced pineapple, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, lemonade, and buttermint
Cold sniff: Sweet pineapple, creamy vanilla with hints of lemon
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: About .5oz
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I loved this scent but I wish it was a bit stronger.

The Huntress

pear pomegranate wax melt

pear pomegranate wax melt

Scent: Fresh pear, pomegranate, fresh spices, blood orange, pine, woods
Cold sniff: Blood orange, pear, and pomegranate with hints of pine and woods
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: About .5oz
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I wasn't sure about this scent based on the description because I couldn't imagine how these scents would blend. I have to say, this was quite a delightful surprise!


Melon Cream Soda

honeydew melon wax melt

honeydew melon wax melt


Scent: Honeydew melon, whipped cream, ginger ale
Cold sniff: Honeydew and ginger ale are the first two things I pick up. They are softened a bit by the whipped cream
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 quarter shot
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Undecided
Notes: I enjoyed this scent but I'm not sure how often I would melt it.


Matcha Salted Cream

matcha wax melt

matcha wax melt

Scent: Japanese green tea, heavy cream, cream cheese, sea salt
Cold sniff: Herbal tea and a creamy a touch of light sweetness
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: about .5oz
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is a fairly light scent, so the throw isn't too strong. That said, it's a nice scent and I don't mind the weaker throw.


Pink Snoball

pink sugar spearmint wax melt

pink sugar spearmint wax melt

Scent: Pink sugar, spearmint, peppermint, coconut white cake
Cold sniff: Heavy on the pink sugar + mint
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe at some point. It's a good scent but I don't know how often I would melt it.
Notes: I wasn't sure about pink sugar + mint but it really started to grow on me.


Star Sprinkles

blueberry slushie wax melt

Scent: Blue raspberry slushie, satsumas, black cherry, grape kool aid, vanilla ice cream, salty sea air, lemonade
Cold sniff: Sweet berries with a light satsuma, and a creamy overtone
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I didn't find the salty sea air to be very prevalent in this blend. I do like salty sea air, but I appreciate that it wasn't a top note in this scent profile. This had around five months of cure time before melting. The scent wasn't overwhelmingly strong but it may perform better in a hotplate warmer.


Ghost

salted marshmallow wax melt

Scent: Salted marshmallow
Cold sniff: Sweet, salty marshmallow and maybe a touch of caramel?
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: While this is a nice scent, I don't see myself melting this too often. It might be a good blender scent.

Sweet Cheeks

peach cream cheese frosting wax melt

Scent: Fresh juicy peach, cream cheese frosting, lemon zest, funnel cake
Cold sniff: Bright peach, sweet cream cheese frosting, and a touch of lemon and funnel cake
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I'm not a huge peach person, but I really enjoyed this blend. It was just the right amount of peach to be "bright" without being overwhelming.

Neon Lights

lemonade sweet plumb candy wax melt

Scent: Iced lemonade, sweet plum candy, immaculate laundry
Cold sniff: Sweet lemonade with a fresh note
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I absolutely love this blend. I could see this being a regular melt in my house.

Overall there were a lot of great melts from Empire Alchemy Wax. There's a restock coming up soon, so you might want to join her fan group for more info!


If you enjoyed this post you might like FlowerFinery Aromatherapy Miscellaneous Wax Melts and Savannah Blue Wax Miscellaneous Melts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments