FlowerFinery Aromatherapy Miscellaneous Wax Melts

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

I'm way overdue for another FlowerFinery Aromatherapy wax review! I've been happily melting along keeping notes on a million different scents. I figured it was time to post my thoughts on the latest FlowerFinery melts before the post gets too long to load.

I Love You Cherry Much

chocolate cherry wax melt

Scent: Queen Anne's chocolate covered cordials, maraschino cherry, sweet liqueur & milk chocolate
Cold sniff: A nice balance of sweet cherries and milk chocolate.
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/3 shot
Price: $2.30/shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This is a spot on dupe for Queen Anne's chocolate covered cordials. While I'm not a fan of the candy, I adore this scent. The chocolate smells just like it should.


Be Our Guest

ambre lumiere wax melt

Scent: Ambre lumiere voluspa inspired. Welcoming amber & vanilla musk, sparkling citrus, oriental floral & earthy moss
Cold sniff: I'm not great with perfumy scents. This has amber and notes of musk. I can't pick out much else beyond that.
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 star (about 1 cube)
Price: This was a sample. Normally retails for $2.30/shot
Would I repurchase: Unsure
Notes: While I enjoyed this scent for a day, I couldn't see myself melting it regularly just because it's a heavier scent. It might be a once a year kind of melt.

Night Owl

lavender wax melt

Scent: Herbal lavender & sweet vanilla
Cold sniff: Lavender and a touch of vanilla
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 owl (about 1 cube)
Price: This was a sample. I don't currently see this available for purchase.
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: When melting, this is almost the polar opposite of the cold sniff. It's a nice, rich vanilla with a soothing touch of lavender. I'm generally not fond of lavender scents (unless it's the actual plant)

Hay Girl Hay

leafy green botanical wax melt

Scent: Leafy greens, warm hay, forest fern, botanicals & citrus
Cold sniff: Greens and hay stand out with perfumed citrus notes
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: About 1 cube
Price: $2.25/shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: The hay and greens are more prevalent on cold sniff. When warmed this becomes more of a spa scent

John Lemon

lemon wax melt

lemon wax melt

Scent: Lemon curd. Zesty lemon with a hint of warm sugar & cream
Cold sniff: Sweet, dessert like lemon
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: About 1 cube
Price: $2.20/shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This scent makes me crave lemon bars something awful. It's one of my favorite lemon scents to date!


Kacey's Crisp

strawberry rhubarb wax melt

Scent: Sweet ripe strawberries, sour rhubarb marmalade, oatmeal cinnamon crumble
Cold sniff: Sweet strawberries, bright rhubarb and a touch of spices
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 strawberry (about the size of a cube)
Price: $2.25/shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: Rhubarb is a new to me scent, but I love the tart notes it brings to the scent overall. While this is a bakery scent, it's not at all overwhelmingly sweet.

Take a Break for Tea & Cake

tea & cake wax melt

tea & cake wax melt

Scent: Warm rosehip tea, lemon wedge, tonka bean yellow cake
Cold sniff: Soothing tea and sweet cake
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: One tea kettle + cupcake. About 1.5 cubes worth of wax
Price: $2.25/shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This cured for about three months before I used it (cure date of 11.23.2017). It's not crazy strong but I really enjoyed it.

Blame it on Marilyn

lush sex bomb wax melt

Scent: lush sex bomb. Feminine jasmine, sage & ylang ylang
Cold sniff: Soft jasmine & ylang ylang with a hint of sage
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 set of lips (about .5oz/ 1 cube)
Price: $2.25/shot
Would I repurchase: This was a sample, but I would love to purchase more.
Notes: I believe with a bit more cure time this would easily fill the entire house.

AvoGato

avobath wax melt

avobath wax melt

Scent: Lush Avobath. Lemongrass, lemon verbena, bergamot and rosewood
Cold sniff: Lemongrass and bergamot
Throw:  4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cat shape
Price: $2.15/shot
Would I repurchase: Definitely
Notes: There's nothing I love more than a good Avobath. It's a nice clean scent that feel so welcoming.


Princess Jasmine

jasmine wax melt

Scent: Wild tuberrose & jasmine leaf, apple blossom, ivy vine, rosewater, gardenia, sheer musk & ylang
Cold sniff: Jasmine, rose, and miscellaneous floral scents
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 crown
Price: Tester. Not available for purchase
Would I repurchase: This was a sample, but I won't purchase because I don't usually care for florals
Notes: This wasn't really my type of scent, but I'm glad I was able to give it a try.

Stardust

lavender ylang ylang wax melt

Scent: Twilight, lavender, ylang ylang & malty tonka bean
Cold sniff: Sweet lavender and tonka bean
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 mini star
Price: $2.50/shot
Would I repurchase: Undecided
Notes: This isn't really my kind of scent but it's kind of growing on me. I'm not sure if I would purchase it, but I do appreciate trying this sample.


Late Night Booty Call

peppermint lavender wax melt

Scent: Twilight + buttermint candy. Lavender, tonka, ylang-ylang, creamy peppermint
Cold sniff: Strong lavender, with hints of tonka and peppermint
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: About 1 cube
Price: Tester. Not available for purchase.
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This was a nice soothing blend. It wasn't crazy strong but I only let it cure for two weeks before melting. I have a feeling that with a few more weeks of curing this could be really strong.

Many of these scents are currently available through the FlowerFinery Aromatherapy website. If they are not listed for sale, Ashleigh often accepts customs. I believe you can email her through the website to inquire.

Shop | Facebook | Instagram |

If you enjoyed this post you might like FlowerFinery Early October Haul & Review and Bohemian Polish A Little More Conversation + Wax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments