The Scented Squirrel Miscellaneous Melts

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

It's Wax Wednesday again, so I'm back with a new-to-me vendor review. Today's post features wax from The Scented Squirrel. These came to me by way of a massive wax box from my bestie Kendahl. She's the biggest enabler I know, and is great about pushing me to try new things (and brands!)

Flannel Sheets & Sea Salt Blossom

flannel sheets wax melt

Cold sniff: Laundry and sea salt
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about 1 cube)
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is a nice, clean scent. While I might not melt it regularly I did enjoy the scent. I think it would be great for freshening up a bathroom or house for guests.


Salty Sea Air & Lavender Chamomile

salty sea air lavender chamomile wax melt

Cold sniff: Heavy on the lavender with salty sea air & chamomile coming in second
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about 1 cube)
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I'm not normally a huge fan of chamomile but I didn't mind it in this blend. I melted this in my home office but I think it would be a really good laundry room or bathroom scent.

Flannel Sheets, Driftwood & Sea Salt

Flannel Sheets Driftwood Sea Salt wax melt

Cold sniff: Strong laundry smell with notes of sea salt
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about 1 cube) 
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I wasn't sure if I'd like this based on the cold sniff but I really like it melted. It's a great scent to refresh a bedroom, bathroom, or laundry room.


Cinnamon Peppermint Cream & Snickerdoodles

Cinnamon Peppermint Cream & Snickerdoodles wax melt

Cold sniff: Light cinnamon with a hint of peppermint and snickerdoodle
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about .5oz)
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I wasn't sure about the blend on cold sniff, but boy is this nice when melted!


Salty Sea Air & Marshmallow Fluff

Salty Sea Air & Marshmallow Fluff wax melt

Cold sniff: A perfect mix of salty sea air & marshmallow fluff
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about .5oz)
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I thought this was surprisingly strong for a heavily marshmallow blend.

Spearmint & Sugar Cookies

Spearmint & Sugar Cookies wax melt

Cold sniff: Spearmint with sweet, sugary notes
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 sample (about .5oz)
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This isn't terribly strong in the warmer I used, but it's a really nice spearmint blend.

Overall I really enjoyed the scents I tried from The Scented Squirrel. My top two recommendations from this post are Salty Sea Air & Marshmallow Fluff, and Spearmint & Sugar Cookies. I will certainly be shopping with her in the future.


If you enjoyed this post you might like Empire Alchemy Wax Miscellaneous Melts and Bonjour Wax Co. Galentine's Day Sampler.

You Might Also Like

0 comments