Bonjour Wax Co. Galentine's Day Sampler

Monday, June 04, 2018

Hi guys! I hope you had a great weekend. I finally melted each scent in my Bonjour Wax Co Galentine's Day sampler so I thought I would post a review. This sampler was sent to me by one of my best gals, and biggest wax enablers (<3 Kendahl). I'm wholeheartedly obsessed with Parks and Rec and was over the moon that Bonjour decided to do a sampler for Galentine's Day.

galentine's day wax sampler

How freaking cute is this?! This is the entire sampler minus the perfume roller ball in "Galentine's Mimosas" scent. I immediately put that on and forgot to put it back in the box for a photo.

galentine's day wax sampler

galentine's day wax sampler scent list

I'm going to be totally honest here - I was a bit nervous about some of the scents because florals still scare me. That said, once I melted them I quickly changed my mind. Bonjour does a great job making florals I enjoy. I will give anything in her shop a chance as long as it doesn't have patchouli.

Poetic, Noble Land Mermaid

aquatic floral sea moss wax melt

Scent: Aquatic florals, sea moss, sea air on a base of woods
Cold sniff: Salty, light floral with wood notes
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I'm not huge on floral scents but this is just the right blend of salty sea air and floral. I wouldn't have purchased it based on the description (hello chicken!) but it's wonderful! I love this scent and could see purchasing a clam or bakery bag.

Kick It, Breakfast Style

butter bacon maple syrup wax melt

Scent: Creamy butter, crisp bacon, cinnamon & spices, golden batter, sweet maple syrup, & vanilla sugar
Cold sniff: Sweet, savory breakfast
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: The cinnamon is fairly light when warmed. This scent reminds me of hot pancakes with a side of bacon.

Waffles, Friends, and Work

waffle scented wax melt

Scent: Creamy vanilla waffle batter, maple syrup, and whipped cream
Cold sniff: Sweet, buttery waffles
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 waffle
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This scent is significantly different than Kick It, Breakfast Style. While they both have buttery pancake/waffle notes, I find that Waffles, Friends, and Work is more of a straight waffle scent while Kick It, Breakfast Style incorporates more breakfast scents. Both are equally nice.


Ladies Celebrating Ladies

a thousand wishes wax melt

Scent: Sparkling white wine with whispers of wild jasmine and peony on a soothing base of amber, sandalwood and musk (a thousand wishes type)
Cold sniff: Floral with notes of musk
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I didn't think I would care for this based on the description since I'm not usually fond of jasmine. I was quite surprised that I really enjoyed this blend.

Bouquet of Hand Crocheted Flower Pens

be enchanted wax melt

Scent: Apple and peach highlight a dewy rose and water lily heart as white cedar, vetiver, sandalwood and musk linger (be enchanted type)
Cold sniff: Fruity and sweet with a touch of floral and fresh notes
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: This one is fairly light but I found it to be quite pleasant.

It's Like Lilith Fair, Minus the Angst

citrus jasmine cedar wax melt

Scent: Clean citrus, sweet florals of jasmine and violets, cedar, sandalwood, musk, tonka, and light amber
Cold sniff: Bright citrus, sweet floral notes, and a touch of musk
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This is a nice scent, but the throw wasn't as good as I hoped. I think it's because the blend is fairly light to begin with. I think this would make a great perfume.

Galentine's Mimosas

champagne toast wax melt

Scent: An effervescent blend of champagne, juicy nectarine, and blackcurrant (champagne toast type)
Cold sniff: Sweet nectarine and blackcurrant
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/4 shot
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This scent also came in perfume form. While I like the scent in both perfume and wax form, the wax isn't nearly as strong as I would have hoped.

This sampler was fantastic! I really look forward to all of the future scents Bonjour has in store. Just a note - this sampler features her old wax blend. Bonjour now uses a house made parasoy blend. You can find Bonjour Wax Co at the links below.

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

If you enjoyed this post you might like Bonjour Wax Co. Christmas In The Car With The Belchers and Bonjour Wax Co. Christmas At Hogwarts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments