Nailgasm- Star Dust Review

Monday, March 24, 2014

Hey guys! I wanted to share a new-to-me indie brand with you today, but was surprised to find that they had closed up shop. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Nailgasm, but I got this color second-hand. I went searching around for a website or Facebook page and discovered that the shop had closed sometime last year. Regardless, I felt like I couldn't keep this one to myself.

Image

Image

Star Dust is a blue jelly with holographic dots, blue hexagons and the occasional holographic star. Shown above is three coats with no base color. The application was smooth for a jelly, but I had to aggressively fish for stars. It honestly took me 20 minutes to get one star out. I also feel like this should be a bit darker considering that I applied three reasonable coats of polish. If you find the opportunity to pick up this discontinued color & brand, know that you should not buy this color for the stars. I didn't love this or hate it. I will probably wear it again, but I don't recommend hunting it down.

Polishes used: Nailgasm- Star Dust, Revlon- Quick Dry Top Coat

How do you feel about seeing discontinued colors on the blog?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't have a problem with seeing discontinued colors, as there is always the option of blog sales and whatnot. I like this color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star glitters in here. Its pretty too.

    ReplyDelete