Skull and Crossbones Halloween Nail Art featuring Painted Polish

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Like most Saturdays this month, I'm watching college football and going through the manis for the #clairestelle8halloween challenge. Today's prompt is "skulls", which turned out to be far more difficult than anticipated.

The actual mani wasn't hard to complete, but making a decision on what to do was another story. I had at least five different pairings of polish and stamping images before I was able to narrow it down. It was pretty ridiculous, to be honest. I tend to over-complicate things in the planning stages, so this time, I did my best to simplify.

Let's start out with a quick swatch and review of my base color, Painted Polish Gossip Ghoul.

Painted Polish- Gossip Ghoul

nail polish swatch

Formula: Nice consistency
Finish: Bright purple jelly packed with purple holo glitter
Coverage: 2 coats
Notes: This shade is from Lexi's 2015 Halloween collection, so it's no longer for sale. If you find it in a destash I recommend picking it up.

nail art

I really, really wanted to use this skull and crossbone stamp from UberChic Beauty Halloween 02, so I ended up building my whole mani around that image. I normally start with a base color and build my nail art around that, so doing the inverse provided an interesting experience. I think that's part of why it took me so long to come up with a final look.

nail art

nail art


Products used

You Might Also Like

0 comments