Mint Chocolate Flowers featuring Orly Breathable Fresh Start

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Hey guys! Can you believe it's Wednesday already?! If you are reading this in the US please take a moment to panic with me because Thanksgiving is barely a week away. This will be my first official year cooking Thanksgiving for my family and I might be hyperventilating a little bit. Last year, we hosted Christmas and it was pretty low-key. I really have to thank the pre-cooked spiral ham for that bit of success. I'm not a terrible cook, but there's always a bit of pressure to cook things perfectly. If you have any Thanksgiving meal tips I'm all ears!

I'm still enjoying some brighter colors right now, so I thought I would share Orly Breathable Fresh Start. This shade (among two others) came to me via an Orly giveaway. While I do love Orly and appreciate the giveaway prize, I want to reiterate that all statements are my own, and they are not influenced by any outside source.

Orly Breathable- Fresh Start

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

Formula: Nice consistency
Finish: Mint green creme
Coverage: 2 coats
Notes: This one almost let me down when I discovered that it bubbled during my second coat of polish. I thought for sure that the bubbles weren't going to go away, but I was quite happy to discover that they disappeared after about fifteen additional minutes of dry time. I think this might have to do with the fact that the formula of Orly Breathable polish is different than your standard bottle of polish. In the future, I will make a point of letting this dry longer before adding a second coat of polish.

Mint Chocolate Flowers

nail art

nail art

If you check out this close up you can see the little bit of sparkle in the chocolate flowers.

nail art

Products used


So far I've used four colors from the Orly Breathable line, and I'm happy with the results. I never expected to get a long wear time with a product that doesn't require a base or top coat. If you want to read more about my thoughts on the line as a whole, check out Orly Breathable Swatches & Nail Art.

As for the nail art, this is just what I needed to perk me up from the autumn slump. Do you guys ever wear bright manis to cheer you up?

You Might Also Like

0 comments