Wax Wednesday feat. Sweet Sage Scents, Savannah Blue Wax, L3 Waxy Wonders, & Bonjour Wax Co

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Welcome back to another Wax Wednesday! I'm finally caught up on these posts, so these are melts from just the last week or two. These last few weeks have been focused on more fresh and floral scents which is totally out of the norm for me, but I wanted to melt something different. Today's post features melts from Sweet Sage Scents, Savannah Blue Wax, L3 Waxy Wonders, and Bonjour Wax Co.

Sweet Sage Scents - Pink Chiffon

sweet floral wax melt


Scent: Exotic fruit, vanilla orchid, sweet vanilla, whipped chiffon musk
Cold sniff: Sweet and light musk, florals, and fruity notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: ScentSationals Mosaic Glass Warmer - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: Whole shape
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Definitely
Notes: I had mixed feelings about this based on the cold smell. I was worried that the florals would dominate the scent, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was a lovely blend that wasn't too heavy on any of the scent notes.


Savannah Blue Wax - Flannel Sheets

floral fresh wax melt

Scent: Lemon, mandarin orange, mountain air, cotton blossoms, sheet violet, sweet cyclomen, dew kissed lily, pink jasmine and soothing sandalwood
Cold sniff: Strong laundry scent
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Botanical - 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Whole shape
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Unlikely
Notes: This was nice and fresh for a bathroom, but it smells a lot like laundry detergent. I don't dislike those smells but they're not something I usually purchase or melt regularly.

Savannah Blue Wax - Delicates

citrus and floral wax melt

Scent: Citrus, sweet florals, fresh greens, coconut, musk and spice vanilla (pink sands type), and cotton sheet
Cold sniff: Sweet coconut, musk, florals, citrus
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Brambles - 20 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Whole shape
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This smells really fresh and clean without being too floral or two detergent like. It's great for a bathroom, laundry room or bedroom melt.

Savannah Blue - You Spin Me Right Round

Scent: Citrus basil and cotton sheets
Cold sniff: Strong on the cotton sheets.Very laundry/detergent like
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Botanical - 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Whole shape
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Unlikely
Notes: This is a nice, fresh scent for a bathroom or bedroom, but it's just not a scent I see myself melting regularly. If you enjoy clean laundry/detergent scents you might enjoy this one.

Savannah Blue - Sunshine On My Shoulders


Scent: Papaya, barnwood, mango & fresh cut grass
Cold sniff: Tropical fruit, wood, and a touch of grass
Throw: 2 out of 5. Could only smell it in one room and maybe the hallway
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Botanical - 15 watt nightlight warmer
Amount used: Whole shape
Price: Unknown, this was a sample
Would I repurchase: Probably
Notes: Just a little reminder about throw - this is always anecdotal due to the fact that I use different warmers in different spaces. Nightlight warmers are generally less hot so the throw is not usually as strong. In the case of Sunshine On My Shoulders this served it's purpose. I like using fresh scents in my bathroom and bedroom and would prefer that the scent stays in that general area. This was one of the better "fresh cut grass" scents I've smelled because it didn't overpower the blend. I could certainly see myself repurchasing this for a bathroom melt.

L3 Waxy Wonders - Sea Salt & Orchid

floral orchid and salty sea air wax melt

Scent: Sea salt & orchid
Cold sniff: More sweet than strong floral with a salty side
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: ScentSationals Mosaic Glass Warmer - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: Whole sample
Price: Unknown, this was a sample size
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: When melted this scent is more floral than it lets on. It's not too overwhelming, but it does lose the sweetness. This smells quite tropical between the floral and salty notes


Bonjour Wax Co. - Fir Sure

pine wax melt

Scent: Not seeing an official scent listed
Cold sniff: Fresh and piney 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: Whole sample
Price: Unknown, this was a sample size
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: This was a nice, fresh outdoorsy scent. I don't melt a ton of pine or balsam, but I did enjoy this scent. I don't know if I would purchase this just because I don't melt that scent profile often.

All of these brands have wonderful and unique scent blends, many of which are semi-limited releases. Some of these scents may be available through each respective vendor. Most vendors post up to date info regarding future releases in their Facebook Fan Groups.


If you enjoyed this post you might like Wax Wednesday feat. Savannah Blue, Bonjour Wax Co, Villainous Wax and Wax Wednesday feat. Glitterati, Savannah Blue Wax, Villainous Wax, Sweet Sage Scents, and Super Tarts Wax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments