Wendler 5/3/1- A Four Week Review

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm not going to bore you with the details, but here is my four week review of Wendler 5/3/1.

Week 1 

Image

I thought I was going to die. After four months of zero weightlifting, everything felt heavy.

Week 2

Image

I finally started to feel more confident in my lifting despite the weight increase. I ended up going to the kettlebell class at the end of this week.

Week 3

Image

Still feeling dead from kettlebell training, I shifted my schedule around to accommodate the increase in weight. I managed to pull a 170lb deadlift for two reps. It's not much, but finally getting close to those old numbers.

Week 4

Image

It honestly feels like cake after last week. I even threw in some kettlebell work because I was getting bored.

 

I think I am going to run the same numbers for the next four week cycle. I could increase my numbers, but I think I am going to see better results working with the same weight right now. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You are a rockstar! Those numbers are freaking impressive.

    ReplyDelete