My First Juleps & a Review

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I know some of you are die-hard Julep fans, while others completely despise the brand. These were gifted to me by a friend who just wasn't in love with the colors. I love natural colors, so these were right up my alley.

Image

Roc Solid is a grey cream. Pictured above is two coats with no top coat. The formula was really runny to the point of flooding my cuticles. I was really surprised that I was able to achieve full coverage with just two coats. Despite the cuticle flooding, I really like the color. It's unbelievably glossy even without a top coat.

Diamond Theory

Image

Diamond Theory is a copper/bronze glitter topper made up of tiny hexagons and micro glitter. Shown above is one coat brushed out to create a gradient. The formula was the exact opposite of Roc Soild. I actually found myself putting glitter back into the bottle because the formula was so thick. I think I will add a few drops of thinner to get it to a more workable consistency. I'm definitely a fan of the glitter overall. My huge complaint is that this didn't come in a larger bottle.

Conclusion

I'm not sure how I feel about Julep. Their formulas are off on both ends of the spectrum, and the bottles are tiny considering what they retail for. I like the colors, but they need to reevaluate the formulas.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am not a big fan of Julep. Their formulas are inconsistent and they are pricey for the amount of polish in the bottle. I have two cremes from them, one is great formula-wise and went on nicely, the other is like trying to apply colored water. Meh. The only colors I own are some that I got in a mystery box. I wouldn't buy them at full price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice shades you tried it being your first time trying Julep. I like Julep but I'm not in love with their polishes. I agree that depending on the colors, formulas are a hit or miss. Their bottle sizes are also on the smaller size too for the price on them too.

    ReplyDelete