Color Club Poptastic Water Marble

Monday, June 08, 2015

Water marbling is hard. Either you get it, or you don't. I personally still haven't mastered the technique, so I thought I would try another water marble alternative known as the decal method.

The prep for it is essentially the same as a water marble. The main difference is that you let your marble dry on top of the water before applying it to your nails. I'm not going to go into the technique, but here's a tutorial.


Color Club Warhol Almost Famous Wham Pow
Color Club Warhol Almost Famous Wham Pow

As you might have noticed, I wasn't able to get the decals to lay completely flat on the nail. I think it was because of my application, rather than the technique itself. Other than that minor hiccup, I really like how these turned out. 

Color Club Warhol Almost Famous Wham Pow Essie Matte About You

Color Club Warhol Almost Famous Wham Pow Essie Matte About You

I got a little crazy, and decided to make these matte the next day. Once the matte coat dried the marble reminded me of the rubber bouncy balls I had as a kid. I'm not usually a fan of making things matte, but I thought these might look neat that way.

Products used:

  • Color Club Almost Famous
  • Color Club Wham Pow!
  • Color Club Warhol
  • Poshe Top Coat
  • Essie Matte About You

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your water marble looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic! Matted, it really does remind me of those bouncy balls. That I bought as "a kid". Right.

    ReplyDelete