Savannah Blue Winter Wax Review

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I'm back with another round of wax melt reviews because I'm hopelessly addicted. Today's brand is Savannah Blue Wax from Rogue River, Oregon. As you may know, I love supporting local business. I was absolutely overjoyed when I found her brand and discovered she is a fellow Oregonian. The best part - everything from Savannah Blue Was smells amazing! Let's check out my most recent melts below.

Pistachio Sugar Cookie

pistachio sugar cookie wax melt

Scent: Pistachio and sweet sugar cookies
Cold sniff: This smells like something from a bakery. Soft pistachio notes with decadent sugar cookie.
Throw: 3.5 out of 5. This is a lighter scent so it doesn't throw as well. That said, I only let this cure for two weeks.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 snowflake
Price: $6.50 for 5oz
Notes: I'm not really a pistachio person but I adore this scent. I'm so glad I purchased a bakery bag so I can enjoy this more than once.

Holly Jolly

pine fir wax melt

Scent: Rosemary, clove, frosted pine, fir needles, cedar leaf, winter moss, and vanilla
Cold sniff: Pine, fir and rosemary are the most notable scents. They are mellowed out with a touch of vanilla. 
Throw: 4 out of 5.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Price: $1.85 for a 1.4-1.6 oz shot or $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: I'm slowly getting to the point where I enjoy fresh "outdoorsy" scents. Holly Jolly smells like everything fresh and wonderful about putting up a tree.

Sweet Snow

light mint wax melt

Scent: Can't find official description
Cold sniff: Sweet, light mint and vanilla notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. I could smell this in most of the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/2 shot
Price: $1.95 for a 1.4-1.6 oz shot 
Notes: This was an LE shot that will likely not be restocked. I'm bummed because I adore this scent and only purchased one scent shot.

Frostbite

aspen winter peppermint wax melt

aspen winter peppermint wax melt

Scent: Peppermint and Aspen Winter Type (snow covered pines, citrus, vanilla, and spicy cloves)
Cold sniff: The first note I notice is citrus followed by peppermint and a hint of clove
Throw: 5 out of 5. This could be smelled throughout the house for two days.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: The citrus and hint of clove really made this scent for me. I don't think I would have picked it on the scent description alone, but after smelling a sample I knew I needed a whole clam. This quickly became one of my favorite scents for winter.


Long December

peppermint marshmallow wax melt

peppermint marshmallow wax melt

Scent: Peppermint & marshmallows
Cold sniff: Sweet, light pepperminty marshmallows
Throw: 4 out of 5. This is a lighter scent so it doesn't throw as well. That said, I only let this cure for two weeks.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: I'm a little bit crazy about this scent. It's light and sweet and perfectly balanced.


Christmas Eve 

orange almond cinnamon wax melt

orange almond cinnamon wax melt

Scent: Oranges, almond, cinnamon, red berries, oak, and vanilla musk
Cold sniff: This is a well balanced mix of oranges, almond, cinnamon, and red berries. I don't notice the almond, oak, or vanilla musk as much, but the scents are there.
Throw: 4 out of 5. This is a lighter scent so it doesn't throw as well. That said, I only let this cure for two weeks.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: I really enjoyed Christmas Eve. It's a different scent from all of my other Christmas themed melts. If you are a seasonal melter I could totally see melting this from mid October through late February.


Candy Cane Frosted Sugar Cookies

Candy Cane Frosted Sugar Cookies wax melt

Candy Cane Frosted Sugar Cookies wax melt

Scent: No official description
Cold sniff: Sweet notes of butter, vanilla and candy canes
Throw: 4 out of 5. This is a lighter scent so it took a little while to throw. Once it got going it was lovely.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: This has been throwing for a few days now and is just starting to die back.

Peppermint Sticks

peppermint wax melt

peppermint wax melt

Scent: Can't find official description
Cold sniff: Bright, clean peppermint
Throw: 5 out of 5. 
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: This scent helped clear up my stuffed up nose over the course of two days. It's minty but not overpowering.

Mrs. Claus's Closet

sugar cookie strawberry wax melt

sugar cookie strawberry wax melt

Scent: Sugar cookies, cannoli, strawberries, and waffle cone
Cold sniff: This one is heavy on the strawberries and vanilla notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. 
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3.65 for 2.4-2.7 oz clamshell
Notes: This one is sweet and light. It's a nice refreshing scent that I can see myself melting year round.

Some of these scents may be available in the Savannah Blue Wax shop linked below. For more info on restocks and upcoming scents be sure to join her fan group!



You Might Also Like

0 comments