Little Red Riding Hood ft CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Stamping Plate

Monday, July 16, 2018

Hi guys! I invited Oksana of The Polished Koi to do a guest post while I am away for the week. She really went all out for this look so be sure to head over to Instagram and her blog to give her a follow!


Little Red Riding Hood ft CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Stamping Plate

CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Little Red Riding Hood

Hello! I'm pretty excited for this post and impressed with myself for how quickly I put a brand new stamping plate into use! Some designs just have that strong of a pull, and I hope you enjoy this one!

I think my love for stamping may be greater than for nail polish, as I constantly catch myself surfing Aliexpress for "what's new" and ran into this gorgeous plate!

CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Little Red Riding Hood

Yes, that's a plate - specifically, the back of an acrylic stamping plate! This is CICI & SISI Fairy Tales and by the image here, I think it's pretty clear that it's Little Red Riding Hood! When I saw the plate I instantly sent pics to my friends that stamp, demanding that they look at it and drool with me! Not sure how excited they got, as fairy tales seem to be more of my theme for some reason eheh

CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Little Red Riding Hood

Anyway, being the frugal addict that I am, I compared pricing on Ali and on the official CICI & SISI site and came to the conclusion that it's worth paying $13 to get this on Amazon + prime shipping! Especially when taking into account that there's a second plate in the set (Alice!) and would I pay $6.50 for a plate this big (same size as UberChic or Lina) with images I really like? Heck yes!

CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Little Red Riding Hood

It's like a little piece of art, super adorable! And my sparkly nails...so let's take a look at the actual mani.

Mundo de Unas Neon Gradient

I started by stamping a gradient of pink, aqua and purple. You know that magical  "blank space" image popping up on plates lately? I used plate Creative Shop Stamping 71 and laid out my polishes -- all are Mundo de Unas stamping polish Neon Pink, Aqua and Fantasy. Haven't made up my mind if I prefer doing this via stamping or the traditional makeup sponge dabbing. You need to protect your fingers and cuticles really well in either case!

Mundo de Unas Neon Gradient

And then Fairy Dust  (China Glaze) that gradient! Because that's what I see in my IG feed all the time, and I gotta admit, it does make the whole thing more magical!

CICI & SISI Fairy Tales Little Red Riding Hood

My ring finger was the image I was really sure I wanted to use first - it's a bit hard to tell but that big black blob is a wolf, so it's a sort of negative space view of the forest and Little Red with the wolf's eyes above. The big forest image is also one I wanted and I stuck it on my middle finger and realized it's chunkier than I thought and black kind of took over everything. I almost scrapped that nail to start over when I decided to try adding white, I think it worked out well in the end and the white definitely pops. So that's my magical forest with Little Red Riding Hood!


You Might Also Like

0 comments