Sweet Heart Polish & The Lady Varnishes Grinning Ghosts Duo

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I know this is kind of old news, but it took quite a while to be able to review this for you. I purchased this duo from Sweet Heart Polish the day it was released and received it promptly thanks to Cassandra's (SHP) super fast shipping. I wore Hurry Ba-ack! right away and followed up with Welcome, Foolish Mortals.

Hurry Ba-ack!

Sweet Heart Polish Hurry Ba-ack! Grinning Ghosts Duo

Sweet Heart Polish Hurry Ba-ack! Grinning Ghosts Duo


Hurry Ba-ack is a black jelly packed with neon glitter. Pictured above is three coats with no base color. The formula was a smidge thick, but relatively easy to work with. I did experience a bit of drag with the larger glitter, but I was also applying this during 90+ degree weather. I've noticed that hot weather can really mess with the consistency of jellies. Color-wise I really like the contrast of the neon glitter against the black jelly. It really makes those neons pop!

Polishes used: Sweet Heart Polish- Hurry Ba-ack!, Orly- Bonder, Poshe- Top Coat

Welcome, Foolish Mortals

The Lady Varnishes Welcome, Foolish Mortals Grinning Ghosts Duo

The Lady Varnishes Welcome, Foolish Mortals Grinning Ghosts Duo


Welcome, Foolish Mortals is a green crelly with iridescent glitters. Pictured above is three coats with no base color. I had issues with the consistency of Welcome, Foolish Mortals, so I contacted The Lady Varnishes about it. She replied almost immediately and said that the consistency was due to the glow-in-the-dark pigment and the iridescent glitters. I tried thinning it out with polish thinner, but despite my attempts, the formula kept thickening back to its original consistency. Kirsten (TLV) said she would work on the formula and send me a new bottle when it was ready. I emailed her mid last week, and received the bottle shortly after. The new formula is much better than the old one, and super easy to work with. I will note that it took over a month to ship the new formula, and there was no correspondence in between. She was super nice, and got me the polish when asked, but I would have preferred at least one email letting me know that she hadn't forgotten about me.

Polishes used: The Lady Varnishes- Welcome, Foolish Mortals, Orly- Bonder, Poshe- Top Coat

These colors were available for limited release, but you can find other lovely colors from these makers here:

Sweet Heart Polish

The Lady Varnishes
| Shop | Facebook |

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Both are nice but I'm really liking Hurry Ba-ack! It would be a perfect base for galaxy nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry Ba-ack! is amazing! I love the bright glitters in the black base. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete