Layered Butterflies feat. KADS | Digit-al Dozen Tropical

Monday, August 13, 2018

Oh hey! I'm finally back to working on Digit-al Dozen content after a month hiatus. I never realized how much I would miss the dedicated week of nail art each month. Today's post features my first attempt with a layered stamping plate. I've never used anything like it before, but I couldn't resist picking up a few plates from KADS Professional Nail Art.

holographic glitter nail polish

For this look I started with a base of Painted Polish Drunk On Holo. This might be the queen of all glitter holos for me. It's just such a good, versatile polish that I can't help but love it.

butterfly themed stamping nail plate

For this look I decided to work with the top row of butterfly images. The far left image column is the complete butterfly if you just want to stamp a butterfly image without all of the extra steps. I decided to skip that one and went straight for the layered look.

butterfly nail art

This is the second image from the left on the top row. I stamped this using Morgan Taylor Flamingo Float. I kind of love how you can see the holo through this shade.

butterfly nail art

Once that stamping had dried I went back in with the third image from the left on the top row. This was stamped using Morgan Taylor Rule the Runway.

butterfly nail art

To finish off the look I picked the image in the top row, second from the right. This was stamped using Morgan Taylor You've Got Tan-gerine Lines. I could have gone back and done one more round of stamping (the final image in that row) but I liked how this looked and wanted to stop there.

Products used


You Might Also Like

0 comments