Wax Wednesday feat. She Loves Cake, Empire Alchemy Wax, and Super Tarts

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Hi guys! I hope your week is moving along. Things have been kind of toasty around here... who am I kidding. It's been in the upper 90's for as long as I can remember. Since the weather has been so hot, I haven't been melting as much as usual. That said, I do have a few melts to share with you today. My most recent melts include She Loves Cake, Empire Alchemy Wax and Super Tarts Wax.

She Loves Cake - Strawberry Bread

marshmallow strawberry bread wax melt

marshmallow strawberry bread wax melt

Scent: Mallow, strawberry, fresh baked bread
Cold sniff: Sweet marshmallow, light (fake) strawberry and bread notes
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: Unknown
Would I repurchase: Maybe
Notes: I had awful throw with this about a month after the cure date. Now, about 6 months later this has ok throw. It's not terribly strong but still significantly better than it used to be.

Empire Alchemy Wax - Bikini Bottom

pina colada suntan lemon wax melt


Scent: Pina coladas, suntan, papaya, tropic, lemon sugar drop
Cold sniff: An extra fruity pina colada
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents White Pumpkin - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1 mini shot (just over 1 cube)
Price: Unknown. This was a sample with purchase
Would I repurchase: Yes. I already purchased a chunk bag
Notes: I've always loved tropical scents, so this was a huge win for me. It takes the pina colada a step further with added sweetness.

Super Tarts Wax - Hershel's Farm

watermelon strawberry honeydew orange wax melt

watermelon strawberry honeydew orange wax melt

Scent: Watermelon, strawberries, honeydew, oranges
Cold sniff: Sweet watermelon and honeydew
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3 for a clam (purchased on Wax Wednesday). Normally $4.25
Would I repurchase: Yes
Notes: I don't know what it is about this scent but I can't get enough of it. It's really pleasant overall.

Super Tarts Wax - Flame Princess

tangerine toasted marshmallow fizzy pop wax melt

tangerine toasted marshmallow fizzy pop wax melt

Scent: Tangerine, toasted marshmallows and fizzy pop
Cold sniff: Citrus, fizzy pop, and something I can't quite place
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house
Warmer used: Better Homes & Gardens Marina Art Glass - 25 watt light bulb
Amount used: 1 cube
Price: $3 for a clam (purchased on Wax Wednesday). Normally $4.25
Would I repurchase: No
Notes: I think the fizzy pop in this one is giving me a "bathroom cleaner" kind of vibe. Sometimes this scent is ok, other times I have to turn it off because it's too... cleaner like.

Some of the scents mentioned above are currently available through each respective retailer. The current exception is She Loves Cake because she is closing up shop.

Empire Alchemy

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

Super Tarts

Website | Facebook | Instagram |

If you enjoyed this post you might like Empire Alchemy Wax Chunk Bag Haul and Wax Wednesday feat. Candy Panda and Super Tarts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments