Essie- Ladylike Review

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

With my recent obsession with finding the perfect nude polish I thought that Essie Ladylike was going to be a huge home run. It was gorgeous in the bottle and it looked like it would go really well with my skintone. As many of you know, pasty white doesn't always play well with nudes, oranges and yellows.

Essie Ladylike

Essie Ladylike

While Ladylike is gorgeous, I wasn't too pleased with the formula. Don't get me wrong, it applied smoothly and was a great consistency. The problem was that it started bubbling with the first coat. I didn't shake, roll or drop this color before use, and I thoroughly cleaned my nails before this mani. I'm not sure if it didn't play well with Orly Bonder, or if it could be my personal chemistry. I've honestly never had a polish bubble like this unless it was hot outside. 

Polishes used: Essie- Ladylike, Orly- Bonder

If any of you own Essie Ladylike I would love to hear what you think of the formula.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The only time I've ever had a manicure bubble on me was when I applied it outside in the sun (like a genius I know). So sorry I can't give any help or advice with this polish. But I've had a hard time finding a good nude too – I eventually settled with Zoya Rue, though it is on the pink side it works well with my skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have Zoya Rue, and it is a near dupe of this color. I'm definitely a fan of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and its so work appropriate too. Bummer about the formula and that it started bubbling on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team PASTY WHITE! Woop woop!

    I've never had a mani bubble like that. That's crazy! I've had a couple that gave me issues when I put them over a gel coat, but nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete