OPI Absolutely Alice

Monday, September 26, 2016

I know this is kind of an oldie, but I had to pull out OPI Absolutely Alice. I picked up this shade when it first released a million years ago. Everybody was raving about it, so I knew I needed to make it part of my collection. It went right on my nails the day it arrived. I shamefully chipped it the same day.

Now, back then I was a nail polish addict, but I knew absolutely nothing about glitter removal. Cue me scrubbing the life out of my nails with non-acetone remover for over an hour. Practically in tears with glitter everywhere, and less than half of the polish removed, I begged my boyfriend (now my husband) to help me scrub the rest of it off. This could have all been avoided if I had known the glitter removal trick back then.

It's pretty obvious that I no longer fear glitter. We've actually become good friends thanks to a tip I read many years ago. If you still struggle with glitter removal the trick is to soak cotton with acetone and place a cotton ball on each finger. Once the glitter has soaked for about five minutes you can press down and drag the glitter off your nail. You may have to repeat the process depending on how thick your glitter is. It's far less painful than hours of scrubbing.

Enough of my glitter sob stories. Here's the beautiful polish that made me cry back in spring 2010.

nail polish collage
nail polish close up

nail polish swatch

nail polish swatch

Pretty, right? I wore it that one time, and then it sat in my polish stash until I pulled it out for another wear earlier this year. Yes, I know I should be ashamed. I've learned my lesson and the ways of peel off base coat and using acetone to soak off glitter. 

This may not be a typical review, but the chances of you stumbling upon this in a destash are pretty slim. I thought it might be more entertaining to read my pathetic first experience with glitter.

If you ever struggle with a nail art technique or even polish removal, don't be afraid to ask for help!

You Might Also Like

0 comments