My First Pixie Dust Mani Featuring Zoya Arlo & Cosmo

Friday, October 17, 2014

It's safe to say that I hated textures for a solid year. I tried one drugstore brand (the name evades me), but it was awful. My nails got caught on everything, and I swore off textures completely. Shortly after that, Zoya started releasing their Magical Pixie Dusts. Their glorious glitters had me mesmerized. Many months and a bogo deal later I picked up five Pixie Dusts.

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Arlo Cosmo

I know what you are thinking. Who in their right mind picks up five Pixie Dusts when they hate the feeling of textures? I had a momentary lapse of reason which resulted in them leaping into my cart. I'm not ashamed, I'm really glad it happened.

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Arlo Cosmo

I followed the instructions on Zoya's website for the most part. It said not to use a base coat, but by the time I looked at the instructions I had already applied a glue base coat followed by a standard base coat. From there I followed Zoya's instructions to a t. They stated that you should use thin coats, and wait until each coat is dry before applying the next one. I did just that, and ended up with this beautiful, final result.

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Arlo Cosmo

To get this look, I used three thin coats of Arlo, and two thin coats of Cosmo. The formulas on both were fantastic, and dried rather quickly. Once they were dry the texture was prevalent, but not over the top. I could feel the glitter, but it didn't catch on things like my no-name textured polish did. 

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Arlo Cosmo

Knowing that I was going to be doing a lot of gardening I decided to put a top coat over this, which was against Zoya's recommendations. I personally like it both ways, but I chose to use the top coat to keep dirt from getting caught within the slight texture. 

I think it's safe to say that Zoya has converted me to a texture lover as long as they come in Pixie Dust form. 

Please take a moment to visit Zoya across the web. I promise you won't regret it!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Love how chunky and glittery these are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! I can't stand the feel of textured polishes but I'm loving how Arlo looks with topcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate texture as well, but have somehow managed to pick up five or six pixie dusts. I think I need to get a fat top coat to wear with them so that I don't go crazy, but they are really freaking pretty!

    ReplyDelete