Holographic Hearts for Valentine's Day featuring Girly Bits Cosmetics

Thursday, February 11, 2016

When I started planning for February I only intended on doing one or two heart themed manicures. As of right now, I think I'm up to about five heart manicures total. I joined a couple last minute nail art challenges, and they both called for hearts. My apologies if you are getting sick of them.

The real challenge for me is to create nail art using products from my untrieds. If I'm lucky, I can use a couple at a time. Now that my stash is a little more manageable, I'm down to using one at a time.

Valentine's day stamped manicure with hearts

Valentine's day stamped manicure with hearts

This simple look requires you to start with a base of Girly Bits I Am Calm. If you apply thicker coats this is definitely a one coater. I ended up retouching a couple spots so that I didn't have to apply a second coat. Once that dried I stamped over it using Color Club Harp On It. 

Products used

  • Girly Bits Cosmetics I Am Calm!
  • Color Club- Harp On It
  • UberChic Beauty 4-03
I love the holographic effect of Harp On It, but I was bummed that it out shined I Am Calm. In person I Am Calm has quite a red shimmer to it, and was not at all outdone by Harp On It. I definitely think my daylight bulbs are to blame in this instance. Regardless of how it photographed, I was really happy with the outcome.

You Might Also Like

0 comments