March Clairestelle8 Nail Art Challenge - Mosaic

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Today is the fourth prompt in the #clairestelle8mar challenge, which means we are half way done!

Spring is almost here, and I've had pastels on the mind for a while now. I recently purchased some bright  China Glaze pastels from HB Beauty Bar, and needed a good excuse to bust them out. I am notoriously indecisive, so after a half hour of swapping out products I decided on this look:



This mani is fairly straightforward unless you are unfamiliar with creating nail decals. I'm not going to go in depth on the technique, so please google around for tips if you need them.

I started with a base of green on every finger except my accent nail. On my ring finger I laid down one coat of white. While my base colors were drying, I created a nail decal using the remaining shades and the UberChic Wild West plate. Once my decal had dried I applied one more coat of white to my accent nail before applying the decal. 

Products used

I loved this mani, but China Glaze Highlight of My Summer chipped within 12hrs. I'm not sure if it was caused by my base coat, but I will pay attention to the wear time the next time I use it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments