March Clairestelle8 Nail Art Challenge - Clothes

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

The third prompt in the #clairestelle8mar challenge is "clothes". At first I wasn't entirely sure where I was going to take this because I had never done a clothing inspired mani. After some browsing on Pinterest I stumbled across this dress I pinned years ago:

Rainbow splatter long dress

I know all of you rainbow lovers appreciate that dress as much as I do. 

This isn't necessarily the most technically difficult mani to accomplish, but it took more time than I thought it would. I used a dry brushing technique to layer colors over white in an attempt to capture the gestural movement of colors represented on the dress. 

Dry brush nail art

Dry brush nail art

I started layering colors based on the frequency they occur on the dress. It may not look like much, but every brush stroke was placed intentionally. I almost feel like I'm trying to explain why a Jackson Pollock is so complex, and worthwhile.

Products used

  • Firecracker Lacquer- Vio-let Me Down Easy, Seal the Deal Blackout
  • KBShimmer- Teal Another Tail
  • Sinful Colors- Unicorn, Cloud 9, Wisp
  • OPI- At Your Quebec & Call, A Definite Moust Have
  • nail art brush

Conclusion 

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I definitely see myself doing more clothing recreations in the future.

Have you ever done a recreation of clothing? If not, is it something you see yourself trying?

You Might Also Like

0 comments