Bonjour Wax Co Christmas At Hogwarts

Thursday, February 08, 2018

I think I'm finally starting to wrap up all of my holiday themed wax reviews. I might still have one or two around the corner, but things are coming along nicely. A couple days ago I reviewed the Bonjour Wax Co. Christmas in the Car With the Belchers sampler. Today's set is also from Bonjour, but it's Harry Potter themed!

Godric's Hollow

harry potter wax melts

harry potter wax melts

Scent: Spiced Fruit, vanilla, musk
Cold sniff: Spiced fruit with hints of musk and vanilla. 
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: I think spiced fruit may be one of my new favorite wax scents. I could melt this year round.


Ghost Carolers

harry potter wax melt

harry potter wax melt

Scent: Fir needles, cedar, frost
Cold sniff: Bright fir with cedar notes
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: I'm learning that I'm really fond of fresh, clean pine scents. This was quite pleasant.

Always

harry potter wax melt

harry potter wax melt

Scent: Silver birch, vetiver, vanilla cream
Cold sniff: Cool birch, with slight spicy tones and a mellowing vanilla
Throw: 3 out of 5. Could smell in half of the house
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: I've never smelled vetiver alone but I think that's where the spicier "men's cologne" scent is coming from. It's not terribly strong, but it adds a nice touch to this scent.

O' Enchanted Night

harry potter wax melt

harry potter wax melt

Scent: Sparkling fruit, rose, musk
Cold sniff: Bright fruit notes with floral coming in second and a bit of musk
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: This isn't too heavy on the floral or musk. I think both add a really nice touch to this scent.


The Yule Ball

harry potter wax melt

harry potter wax melt

Scent: Fir, cranberry, roasted marshmallows
Cold sniff: Fir with light berry notes and a soft, sweet marshmallow undertone
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: The cranberry is far more noticeable once this started melting. It's a really nice balance of smells and doesn't lean too far toward cranberry or marshmallow.


Cast A Christmas Spell

harry potter wax melt

harry potter wax melt

Scent: Sparkling fruit, rose, musk
Cold sniff: Bright notes of fruit, possibly a bit of rose, and a light musk
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/2 shot (about .5oz)
Notes: I really adore this scent. I think it must be the spiced fruit but I swear I could melt this year round.

Unlike the Christmas in the Car With the Belchers, the Christmas at Hogwarts sampler had great throw regardless of which warmer was used. Something worth noting, this had about a month longer cure time than the Bob's Burgers sampler only because I was sick for several weeks. I don't know if that made a huge difference or not, but the throw with these two Bonjour Wax Co. samplers was like night and day. While this sampler is no longer available, Bonjour has a ton of wonderful wax in stock. Be sure to check out the links below for info on future restocks.

Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Fan Group |

If you enjoyed this post you might like Bonjour Wax Co. Christmas in the Car With the Belchers and Bohemian Polish A Little More Conversation + Wax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments