Bohemian Polish Winter Wax Sampler

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hi guys! I think I might have promised that I was done with winter wax samplers? Well... I'm not. I have a lot of wax and I'm playing catch up on posts. Today's post features the super rad and affordable Bohemian Polish Winter Wax Sampler. The wax sampler came with eleven scent shots and a couple of samples.


wax shot sampler


Home For the Holidays

pine wax melt

Scent: Pine cones, a crackling fireplace, and grandma's kitchen
Cold sniff: Bright balsam with light winter spices
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This made my house smell so fresh and nice. It reminded me of when we first put up the Christmas tree.


Naughty & Nice

gingerbread wax melt

Scent: A fully decorated gingerbread house 
Cold sniff: Sweet warm gingerbread fresh from the oven
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: I am fully obsessed with this scent. It smells like warm gingerbread and I can't get enough of it!

Pining for Yule

pine and balsam wax melt

Scent: Straight pine and balsam
Cold sniff: Fresh, clean pine
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: I love a good, clean pine scent and this does not disappoint!

Peppermint Mocha

peppermint mocha wax melt

Scent: Milk, mint leaves, peppermint, coffee, vanilla, and cocoa
Cold sniff: Rich cocoa and peppermint with hints of coffee
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This is rich, and just like a nice warm peppermint mocha. Whatever you do, don't eat the wax!

Santa Cutie

berries and champagne wax melt

Scent: Sweet berries and bubbly champagne 
Cold sniff: Berries with a hint of champagne 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: I wasn't terribly sure about champagne as a wax melt scent, but I found it quite nice when mixed with berries.

Snowbound

mint vanilla chocolate wax melt

Scent: Creamy mint and vanilla with dark sweet chocolate
Cold sniff: Strong, creamy chocolate with light mint notes 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This scent is dreamy... and creamy! It's a nice blend of chocolate and mint.

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

eggnog wax melt

Scent: Spiked eggnog for when the kids go to bed
Cold sniff: Spices with a creamy undertone 
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. I enjoyed it at first, but I did get tired of it after a day. I did enjoy it, but I don't think I will melt it regularly. 

Mulling Spices

mulled spices wax melt

Scent: Winter apple, orange, lemon, bergamot, cinnamon, clove, frozen volley petals, amber, nutmeg, patchouli 
Cold sniff: Strong floral notes with patchouli and nutmeg
Notes: I didn't end up melting this one because it's strong on patchouli. I'm not fond of patchouli but I think that this would be a nice blend for anyone who enjoys it. It's well balanced between the fresh, lighter scents and musky patchouli.

Scraping the Bowl

vanilla sugar cookie wax melt

Scent: Vanilla and sugar cookie dough with cinnamon, brown sugar, and more vanilla
Cold sniff: Sugar cookies with a hint of cinnamon
Throw: 5 out of 5. This scent is dominating the whole house!
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This one makes me salivate which is why I can't melt it all the time. It's freaking delicious!

Cool Yule

mulberry amber oak wax melt

Scent: Mulberry, cranberry, citrus peel with winter greens, amber and oak
Cold sniff: Mulberry and cranberry with amber notes
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: AmbiEscents Snowman - 25 watt lightbulb
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This isn't really my kind of scent, but I think a lot of people would enjoy it. It's a balance of that winter "homey" smell with fresher notes.

Peppermint Bark

peppermint bark wax melt

Scent: White chocolate, cocoa, milk chocolate, vanilla, crushed cane, peppermint leaf, tahitian vanilla bean and ganache
Cold sniff: Rich, sweet peppermint bark with fresh mint notes
Throw: 4 out of 5. Could smell everywhere but one room
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: .5oz
Notes: This made me crave peppermint bark something awful. Usually sweet scents are enough to calm my sweet tooth, but this sent me in the opposite direction.


Cranberry Orange

cranberry orange wax melt

Scent: Sweet, tart, and better than that canned stuff
Cold sniff: Spot on with the scent description above
Throw: 5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: Both shapes
Price: Unknown
Notes: This was a sample with the sampler and I promptly asked Jen if I could buy three clams of it. I want to eat/bathe/smell this scent for the rest of my life.


Peanut Butter Blossoms

peanut butter blossom wax melt

Scent: Sugared peanut butter cookies with melting chocolate drops
Cold sniff: Just like a freshly baked peanut butter cookie.
Throw:  5 out of 5. Could smell throughout the house.
Warmer used: 20 watt wide dish hotplate
Amount used: 1/2 the heart (about 1 cubes worth)
Price: Unknown
Notes: This was a sample with the sampler, and it smells delightful! I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in a while and this smells just like them.

While these scents are not currently available for sale, Jen has a rotating stock of scents available on the Bohemian Polish website. Check out the links below for all of the current options.

Shop | Facebook | Fan Group | Instagram |


If you enjoyed this post you might like Bohemian Polish Clemson Memories Collection and Bohemian Polish Matte About Fall Collection.

You Might Also Like

0 comments